Cloud not fully restoring texts on replacement device
DavidAronson3

I recently received a replacement phone through insurance as I broke my original.  For some reason I can't restore all of my text messages.  I've tried using wi-fi and the network.  I've tried deleting the data, then the app and then reinstalling, but no luck.  It gets to about 9K out of 27K and then says it has finished, but it hasn't.  I've seen similar posts from other Verizon Cloud users but no one seems to have a solution.  Please help...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Cloud not fully restoring texts on replacement device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

David, we want to ensure you have a fully functional device and we understand your concern. We see that this was a replacement through the insurance. You can contact Asurion at 888-881-2622.

0 Likes
DavidAronson3

I was assured it was in working condition but requested a new phone be sent.  Same exact problem.  They said it's a Verizon issue, not the phone.  Now what?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to look into this further, David. When you received you replacement phone, did you backup your information to the new phone before it was used?

Robert_VZW

0 Likes
DavidAronson3

Yes. I went through the setup wizard. The first replacement phone I started the restore when I was prompted. After several fails I wiped the phone and started over. The second replaced phone I waited until the phone had updated all the apps and other items before trying restore. Neither ways worked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

David, we want you to have a fully functioning device. Were the apps that were updated, 3rd party apps? Did you try using the phone before trying any updates or restores?

RobertH_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DavidAronson3

Yes, some of the apps are 3rd party. I did not try to use the phone or restore before going through the setup wizard.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DavidAronson3 We are rolling up our sleeves to dig deeper and resolve this for you. The next step will be removing Verizon Cloud from the device, and then re-adding it to the device. Then you will want to try to restore you information again. Please keep us posted.
RosanneMM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DavidAronson3

I tried that already. It was a suggestion from tech support. Didn't work

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DavidAronson3,

I know you want to get your messages on your phone. I have important messages that I keep as well. Let's get your information back on your phone. When you used the cellular data to transfer your information was your WiFi turned completely off? Does your data work going into the application?
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes