Customizing sounds on Moto z3
GuitarSolo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently got a replacement z3 and in setting it up it seems I can't assign specific sounds to Email; the option is not there, either in the General settings or in the settings for individual accounts; all it lets me set is whether or not to receive notifications. I've reviewed the instructions via the Verizon website, and they are not accurate based on what I'm seeing when I access settings. Even if I access Sound from the main Settings menu, it only allows me to customize the default phone ringtone, notification sound, and default alarm. I can assign custom ringtones to individuals via the Phone app, but there used to be a way to differentiate each email so I'd know which email app had new mail.

Has this feature been discontinued?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customizing sounds on Moto z3
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

Moto messed up that up a few years ago, after one of the Android OS version updates. The option to use custom sounds that did not come pre-installed on the phone just disappeared. Moto says it was a Google issue, but the option works fine on Google Pixel phones.

0 Likes
Re: Customizing sounds on Moto z3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are provided the best service as a customer and have the options to customize your tones. With regard to the email notification option you are provided the default options for email alerts but the same list for your phone calls will not be the same as the email notifications. You should see the option to change the tone once you have enabled to have notifications on. Do you see this as an option on your device?

0 Likes