DROID RAZR MAXX HD - Battery Life Halved following Kit-Kat Update
bljusn

While I like many aspects of the Kit Kat Update, the battery life on my RAZR MAXX HD is half of what it once was under Jelly Bean.

I have tried the same Smart Action settings used previously, when I was getting up to 3 days per charge...and I have turned off all the Smart Actions, but the result is still the same. I am now lucky to get 24 hours out of a charge...under very light usage.

I was also sometimes unable to toggle wifi with the Smart Actions turned on. No such issues as long as the Smart Actions are turned off.

I am hesitant to perform a Factory Reset, but is that my only option?

It does seem as if there should be a 4.4.2 update forthcoming, but I have seen nothing to indicate that it is.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DROID RAZR MAXX HD - Battery Life Halved following Kit-Kat Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with the battery on your device bljusn. I know its frustrating and thanks for trying all those steps to correct the issue. The hard reset would be the last step towards fixing some of the issues with your phone. When you perform the hard reset, make sure you don't restore your apps because they could be causing some of the issues with your phone if their not compatible with the new software. We recommend adding them on one by one to check for issues. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_Vzw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: DROID RAZR MAXX HD - Battery Life Halved following Kit-Kat Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with the battery on your device bljusn. I know its frustrating and thanks for trying all those steps to correct the issue. The hard reset would be the last step towards fixing some of the issues with your phone. When you perform the hard reset, make sure you don't restore your apps because they could be causing some of the issues with your phone if their not compatible with the new software. We recommend adding them on one by one to check for issues. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_Vzw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes