DROID Turbo...Best Buy “SPECIAL” blue ballistic nylon
melkjarrelldjoric

DO NOT!!! Buy this phone!!!! Why?? Well if you run into a situation where you need a replacement Verizon will send you to Motorola who will then ask you to send your phone in first before they replace it.  Meaning you will go without a phone for 5+ days before your replacement comes or you can pay a fee + a $300-$500 credit hold and then they will send you a replacement first.  The fee is not refundable and the only reason why I say $300-$500 is because I called twice and was given 2 different answers.  Best Buy will not help even though it's their special because I didn't purchase their GEEK squad protection on top of already having Motorolas warranty which is still valid....THANKS for nothing VERIZON!!! All because this dumb [removed] BLUE ballistic nylon???  Buyer beware.... If someone would have told me I'd have to jump through fire hoops to get a valid replacement I would have told them to take their BLUE ballistic nylon and shoved it up their [removed]...[removed]

Profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: DROID Turbo...Best Buy “SPECIAL” blue ballistic nylon
Dr_Death

I agree.  I was in a bind with at broken phone out of town for work, my only option was getting a new one from Best Buy.  However, NOBODY tells you Verizon doesn't honor anything from Best Buy.  I now have a cracked screen and I will be damned If I will pay the $150 deductible for a replacement phone from the insurance (haha) company.  Verizon sucks and I am going to switch to At&T as they have a great deal thru Direct Tv.  Verizon just lost a long time 2 customers.  Not to mention I upgraded my data plan and they said I did it wrong and are trying to charge me $500 now for the month.  Good luck getting it Verizon.  I will see you in court before that happens.  I am lodging a formal complaint the the BBB and the Attorney Generals office and anywhere else I can. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dr.Death you have had a challenging situation. Let's see how together we can come to a resolution. We do not want to lose you. Especially when the offer you are considering might put you in the same position that you are in now. We do also understand that there are several obstacles to overcome. Have you reached out to us to get this resolved? What has been explained so far?
JoelRR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dr_Death

This is Dr.Death, I couldn't sign in under my name for some reason.  I have chatted with 2 different customer service reps on line about the broken screen.  They had no clue about anything.  The one lady didn't even realize I had the insurance plan even though she was looking at my account on her screen.

They kept telling me I had to contact Motorola and Motorola says the free screen replacement is a Verizon thing.

If I had known that Verizon doesn't play well with Best Buy, even though Best Buy sells your service, I would have opted for a different phone like that Samsung at the Verizon Store or from online here like I usually buy my phones from.  Same thing at Best Buy, the sales girl never said anything about the blue phone being different.  I didn't care what color it was as I put a phone protector over it anyways, but that was the one she gave me. 

If it is such a big deal If people get a certain phone from Best Buy for your service that should be all over the Verizon website and Best Buy should make you have to sign something saying you acknowledge it, as this is kind of a big deal.

You assume when you get a Verizon service phone from an authorized retailer that you can expect all the things Verizon has to offer AT THE SAME PRICE AS WELL.  NOT THE INFLATED PRICE THEY MAKE YOU PAY.  That is another thing, I am paying more per month with the Best Buy phone than I would thru Verizon, ANOTHER thing they don't tell you.  If Verizon isn't going to back up their service products and prices then they should not have Best Buy selling their service, period.

I talked on the phone with a customer service rep about the billing and she said I upgraded wrong.  I told her after I upgraded it told me what my bill would be and it was NOT $500.  After about 20 minutes of off and on hold, she told me should could discount it 25% and I told her that was unacceptable.  So here both problems sit.  Like I said, I will switch before I pay $500 for a bill that should not be that way.  I got messages that said my data was close to going over and I should upgrade so I did.  It gives you 3 options that are fairly vague as to what they really mean, but after choosing it, it then tells you what your monthly bill will be.  I can assure you if it said $500 I would have balked at that immediately. 

0 Likes