Deleting email from the unread folder
hvacradiodoc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have 90+ emails in my unread folder and cannot get rid of them.  I have tied opening them one at a time and then deleting them, but they do not delete.  They show up in the trash folder then I try to delete them from that folder but they reappear in the unread folder.  The same accounts on my computer do not show anything in the unread folder.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deleting email from the unread folder
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remove the email account from the phone and re-add it like you are adding it the first time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remove the email account from the phone and re-add it like you are adding it the first time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hvacradiodoc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply, but that does not explain why this is happening.  I have 2 accounts that show unread emails and a second phone with only 1 account that has the same problem.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is probably because of how the device is talking to the server. Sometimes the connection breaks and sometimes the connection wasn't setup right to sync fully.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This glitch with the stock e-mail app appears to be resolved with the Lollipop update.

0 Likes
KTB01

How do you get the Lollipop update?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Updates are released in waves, so it can take several days for all owners to receive it.  More info. can be found at these links:

Droid Turbo by Motorola Support | Verizon Wireless

Droid Turbo by Motorola Support | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
hvacradiodoc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, the delete unread emails option is working, thanks.

0 Likes