Does Verizon Replace the Screen if it breaks?
Miemiepeg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Droid Turbo and a 2 year agreement and I was told that you replace the screen if it breaks 1 time as long as your still on the agreement

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does Verizon Replace the Screen if it breaks?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
Miemiepeg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your help it was very useful.

0 Likes
Jamespblack55

The screen assurance doesn't even cover what normally happens when a screen cracks. They only replace the phone if its a minor crack. If there's any glass missing or the corner of the phone gets damaged on impact they charge you for the replacement. My phone fell on a tile floor from about 6-8 inches. It bounced & has glass missing in the top corner from initial impact & bottom corner. Most phones I've seen with cracked screens are missing pieces of glass but Verizon considers it excessive damage.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If the frame of the phone is damaged to the point new glass cannot be replaced without repairing the frame, then I can see there being more involved than just replacing the glass.  Parts can be replaced, the structure of the phone is another issue.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Jamespblack55 wrote:

The screen assurance doesn't even cover what normally happens when a screen cracks. They only replace the phone if its a minor crack. If there's any glass missing or the corner of the phone gets damaged on impact they charge you for the replacement. My phone fell on a tile floor from about 6-8 inches. It bounced & has glass missing in the top corner from initial impact & bottom corner. Most phones I've seen with cracked screens are missing pieces of glass but Verizon considers it excessive damage.

However your experience may be not be the norm.

For example, "most phones I've seen with cracked screens" DO NOT have missing pieces of glass, but have their screen intact with just a crack in the screen. Occasionally I will see a cracked screen with pieces of missing glass, but those tend to be screens which have been cracked for some time(months or more) from users who simply didn't want to or couldn't afford to pay to have their screen fixed. Most screens I have seen which have recently cracked do not have this characteristic of missing pieces of glass. I don't "know" if my experience is the norm so I don't understand how you could possibly "know" if your experience is the norm. I am sure Verizon who sees thousands of cracked screen is more able to tell what the "norm" is.

Lastly, I can't understand how people claim to have their screens crack, especially to the point of having missing pieces of glass, when dropping from 6-8 inches. I have dropped my phone(s) multiple times from 3-4 feet(i.e. waist level) onto uncarpeted floors and not have ANY visible damage(cracks or otherwise with or without missing pieces of glass) to these phones and that is without the added protection of having a case on the phone.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Oddly, I have bought phones based on not just the interior hardware specifics, but what case I can find that looks good on the phone, rather than the actual look of the naked phone itself.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I stopped using cases about 3 years ago because I simply didn't like the bulk which added to the size of the phone along with the additional cost because manufacturers seem determined to change phone styles just enough to have to force you to purchase a new case. They used to do this with chargers and have fortunately stopped this practice in favor for a standard charger for most phones. I have yet to regret this decision. In fact, in 20+ years of having cell phones, I have only had 1 broken screen which actually happened WITH a case when I slipped on some ice and my full weight fell on the phone on my back pocket.

Snn5
Legend

Sometimes I don't like the texture of the phone (grip) plus I wear jeans and pants with normal pockets and sometimes I just desire a different color phone back.  Nonetheless, I have only had one issue with the slight design changes carriers impose.  My G2 from VZW was just a nightmare to find a case for.  Never had an issue with Verizon exclusive Moto Droids at the time obviously, since no other carrier had them, so no changes made.  I also work in a more physical environment than some.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jamespblack55,

It is disheartening to hear that your screen has cracked. I know from experience, that it is upsetting. With the screen assurance program, there are special terms & conditions set by the manufacture that Verizon Wireless doesn’t have control of unfortunately. I’m going to send you a Private Message to gather much  needed information. Please reply back to me in the Private Message for further assistance.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes