Downloading file on Raz M taking over 30 mins to hour
Irish6052
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have a Raz M, loved the phone before the Sept upgrade.  Txt Messages and pictures take forever to download.  Get a message 30KB "Downloading". 

Received picture msg at 3:58 PM 11/7/14, it is 4:21 PM STILL DOWNLOADING!!!   The one earlier in day only the txt came through no picture.  Would like to see the picture before I go to bed tonight.  One example of the many days and times it is happening. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Downloading file on Raz M taking over 30 mins to hour
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand that receiving your messages and using WiFi to conservice your data is important. Picture and Group Messages do need to send and receive using the cellular network (not billed toward data allowance) when using the native messaging application. In some cases, WiFi is interfering with your phone's attempt to use that cellular network. As an alternative to turning off WiFi you can download an alternate application, such as Verizon Messages http://vz.to/1q9CHkE, to send and receive those messages successfully even while on WiFi.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's odd and can see why this is frustrating for you Irish6052. Let's get it fixed. Are you on wi-fi while it shows this? Is it a picture message?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

NCWoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband and I having same issues.  We do not want to replace phones so what do we do?

WJ80
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is one of two issues I am having with my Razr M as well.

Irish6052
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi thanks AdaS for your reply.  Yes, I am on my home WIFI and it is a picture message most of the time.  Some txt messages take a long time too.

0 Likes
Irish6052
Enthusiast - Level 2

WJ80 what is your other issue please?  I want to be prepared in case it happens to me.  I really like my phone until the last upgrade. 

0 Likes
dvy

My wife and I are experiencing the same things as Irish6052 and we have tried wiping the cache and power cycling the phones to resolve the issue to no avail.  I think that it is ridiculous that one of the fixes is to turn off the wifi, essentially requiring users to burn through more data costing them more money.  Verizon Wireless Customer Support when are you going to have this issue addressed? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand that receiving your messages and using WiFi to conservice your data is important. Picture and Group Messages do need to send and receive using the cellular network (not billed toward data allowance) when using the native messaging application. In some cases, WiFi is interfering with your phone's attempt to use that cellular network. As an alternative to turning off WiFi you can download an alternate application, such as Verizon Messages http://vz.to/1q9CHkE, to send and receive those messages successfully even while on WiFi.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Irish6052,

Thanks for the details! Could you please turn off wifi and test the download again? Also, do you have issues with these messages when you are not on your home wifi?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes