Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Droid Maxx can't hold a data connection.
Rlbro21

I have 2 phones in a remote area with a single tower that I live about 200 yards from.  The old Razr Maxx always gets at least a 90 to 125 dBm signal with 3g.  New Maxx drops the signal completely, goes to 1X or won't connect to data at all.  Cache wipe, new sim card, and a couple of factory resets have had no effect. I can hold the two phones side by side and the old Razr is always connected but the new Maxx 1080 looks like it is consistently losing and trying to find a signal. 

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx can't hold a data connection.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ribro21 Let's get to the bottom of the signal concerns. We absolutely want you to have great signal on the Droid device. It is a concern that one phone has a stronger signal than the other. First, check to make sure that data roaming is enabled on the phone in question. Go to settings,more,mobile networks and data roaming should be set to allow access for all trips. Next, wewant to confirm the exact model number for both phones (or atleast the one that's not working). Motorola has released a Droid Razr Maxx AND a Droid Maxx so they're different models. Go to settings, about phone, model number. This will help us determine the next steps.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWsupport

0 Likes