Droid Maxx sound stops
Goldwink
Enthusiast - Level 1

Several times in the past month, the sound on my Droid Maxx stops. I can't hear it when it rings and I miss calls. The only thing that I have found to fix this is to turn it off and on.  It may have started after I did an update on the phone. I happens every few hours or it could go several days.  Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
Re: Droid Maxx sound stops
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Goldwink, Let's get your sound going again! Have you checked the sound settings on the phone to ensure all ringer volumes are turned up? Which software version do you have loaded on your phone, currently. Please try processing a Soft Reset http://vz.to/1xMbeZ2 Any change?

TanishaS1_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

bz91
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having the same exact issue since the most recent update for my Droid Maxx. I've missed calls, texts, my alarm hasn't worked a couple mornings. Again, only powering my device on and off fixes the issue. As far as customer support, I have checked and verified that my sound is indeed turned up to what should be an audible level, which I'm sure the OP has as well. And since both the OP and I have powered our devices off and on, I believe that constitutes a soft reset according to your link. I'm running the most recent android update, 4.4.4. I would really enjoy not having to buy a separate alarm clock because I can't trust the sound on my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Since you have the Droid Maxx I would refer to these instructions:.  Since you've possibly updated to the Latest OS I also added Advanced Calling 1.0 and set up instructions for Wi-Fi  I'm also adding the Help Link to Droid Maxx for any other issue you may in-counter.. 

Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc.

Reset my device

Clear Cache Partition

What is safe mode and how do I use it ?

Reset my device

Advanced Calling 1.0

Setup and troubleshoot Wi-Fi issues

0 Likes
bz91
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your response. I was hoping someone could pinpoint a specific cause to this instead of taking me through basic troubleshooting steps that I've already taken, but I suppose I'll just wait and hope that another update is pushed out that resolves this issue sooner rather than later.

B33
Legend

Well with this new OS being what it is NEW and something that I have not updated to yet and test the waters of,  I don't know if anything has changed in the sound settings they may or may not have messed with that area, So I posted some options to look and try like resetting or clearing the phone or if needed doing a total reset.. And I wanted to add 1.0 calling as well..

I would try running a power cycle or a clearing of the cache partition to see if that helps restore the sound and if that does not help get the sound back you might try running a Factory Data Reset.. in new updates I usually run a F.D.R. before or after I run the update..

And you Welcome.. And hopefully a update is pushed out soon that well calm the waters of issue this latest update has brought with it..

0 Likes
mdittman0730
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both me and my wife (both with MAXX's) have this repeated issue. It happens, then suddenly the phone volume is back where it should be. Then it stops and gets super quiet again. There is nothing we can do to fix this issue (not even turning on and off as the above folks state). We have also tried changing the ring tone and this doesn't affect anything. We are stuck with almost no ring volume until the phone decides to start working correctly again.

At one point early on, I disabled the "ASSIST" feature (as the 'sleep' mode didn't work anyway as I discovered during a middle of the night unwanted call) and the volume suddenly worked, but clearly that was not the issue as the phone is doing it again.

This is SUPER annoying. Ring call volume is all the way up and this happens suddenly...and happened to both of us at the same time. Not a coincidence.

HELP!