Re: Droid RAZR keeps restarting
BillG79

I had this problem with my DROID RAZR.  I'm convinced the problem in in the SIM Card.  First, while the phone is crapping the bed in this fashion, I have no Cell signal.  Second, the problem migrated to my replacement phone.  And, since it does this with the SD card removed, the SIm card is the only common denominator between the two phones.  I know many people who have not had a single problem with their RAZR, but from this forum it appears that once someone has had one failure, each of their replacement phones fails in a similar fashion.  It does not inspire confidence that Verizon continues to throw phones at this problem when the answer should be clear to them. 

0 Likes
mls3331
Contributor - Level 1

if u decide to send it back, do it before your 14 day return period r up or they will send u a reconditioned phone!!!

B33
Legend

Good Suggestion

0 Likes
mdbrennan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know this is just complaining, but I would really appreciate a phone that just works. I am not really interested in becoming technically proficient. I have other hobbies and interests. When I brought the phone to Verizon the clerk suggested I buy some sort of landline thing for the low price of $20.00 per month. Why should I give a company $20.00 a month for a service I already give them $100.00 a month to provide and which they fail to deliver with any consistency. It is as if someone sold me a lousy car and then acted like they were doing me a favor by renting me a car since mine was always in the shop. AAargh.

B33
Legend

Well if keeps on having issues go to were you bought it and Ask to talk to the Manager tell them the Issue your having and what the Rep that you talked to Suggested. Tell the Manger you wasn't pleased in the Reps Response. See if the Manger can trouble shoot the Issue and if not. Make a suggest of Flashing the phone that's what i would Do..

Message was edited by: B33

0 Likes
Chronicle

I thought this was the same issue I am having with my Motorola Droid Razr M.  Unfortunately it is not.  But for those searching these forums looking for an answer to "My Droid Razr M stopped working" or similar maybe this will help: Press and hold the volume down button + the power button for 10 seconds.

Jimmy >Personal info removed<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
LL914

I had a similar problem of Motorola Razr battery draining-rebooting loop. I uninstalled Quicken 2013 Mobile and the problem seemed to have gone away - but, alas, it returned shortly after.

So I now suspect it may be the Android e-mail app, which I configured for Exchange mail the other day. Will advise...

0 Likes
ThrasherPrime

I too had this issue and while the reboot and cache clearing does help it is not something I think one should have to do repeatedly in order for your device to work properly. What I found through numerous trials and errors is that if you replace the home launcher it eliminates the problem completely. One that I recommend is Nova Launcher, it has been working with out a reboot in 5 days and I used to get a reboot 3 to 5 times per day. I am not affiliated with this app what so ever and maybe there are other home launchers that work better. Another thing I noticed is that, what I believe to be the root cause to the stock launcher crashing is that when an app or program is acting up it does not give you the pop up message that the app is not responding from which you can kill it, report it or wait. With the new launcher this has happened and is not really a problem because nothing is flawless.

I hope this has helped.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Try Running your Phone in Safe Mode and see if that helps stop the restarting if does start Looking at the Apps you have you may have to get rid of a bad app..

0 Likes
jmacosta5

I have had my razr for about 3 months now and it was working fine until today when it started going on and off and freezing. i have tried the hard reset and everything else that the people at the store told me to try. they told me i will have to pay the insurance deductible to get another one but apparently i am not the only person with this problem so i doubt that the crack has anything to do with the way it is acting. also that crack happened maybe two weeks after i bought it and it worked fine for the next few months until today.

0 Likes