Droid Razr M new problems after latest update 182.46.15.en.us
Flessan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since KitKat was pushed to my droid razr m, I have not been happy.  Very decreased battery life along with the phone getting and staying quite warm.  The loss of swype that was included when I bought it (yes, I know I COULD buy the app for cheap, but that's just not right).  Some app icons now have a solid background that used to be transparent.  Changes in notifications, messaging, etc that I never asked for. 

Now comes a "security update".  I was hoping it would resolve some of the issues, but things are now worse.  The battery doesn't last me the full day anymore unless I keep it in my pocket.  Even worse - when someone sends me a picture message, it just says 30kb downloading.  It can be an hour or more before I ever get to see what was sent.  I know a million people say this every day, but I REALLY can't wait until my contract is up with Verizon.  If they would make updates optional instead of interrupting what you're doing every 10 minutes to install the update you don't want, then I'd be fine.  If I could have my original phone back the way it was when I bought it, I'd be excited to remain a loyal customer.

this is two failed updates in a row that are forced on us.  Can't wait to be done.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Razr M new problems after latest update 182.46.15.en.us
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important group messages are kfritch0123! I experienced similar issues when I updated my software and I was able to resolve by doing a factory reset, give it a try. Follow the steps at this link http://vz.to/1j7V5Ul **uncheck at step 3 - very important**, and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
andrewsernestine
Enthusiast - Level 1

Battery life after the update sure stinks!  My battery lasts about half as long since the update.

kjakja

Since update battery drain is awful.  Mine lasts 2-3 hrs when doing nothing ( no open apps).  It overheats badly.  Texting is awful, especially group texts.  Everything is laggy...can't even open "settings".  Hopiong they fix this asap...don't like paying a high monthly fee for a paper weight.

0 Likes
lil_red414

Yes! I'm hoping Verizon can give us some direction.

0 Likes
fp-Jive
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this same issue and I too am asking for direction (see If the KitKat upgrade fried my phone is it my FAULT? )

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

andrewsernestine,

I know how important battery life can be!  Let's see what we can do to improve your phone's performance.  Sometimes with a new update there can be an app or setting conlflict.  I would thoroughly reivew these 10 tips to attempt to locate any conflicts; http://vz.to/1AO7vtw

Let us know if you need any further assistance!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
slmmjjj

I have done those tips and it is still overheating. The battery apps are not detecting it. It started happening after the update. My phone was already the bare bones on everyone (which defeats the purpose of all of the col smartphone features). Well, my contract is up next month and I am dumping the phone. I will say that it has served me well for two years until the last month of having it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

slmmjjj Having a reliable phone is a must! We don't want you to suffer with your device. While you're waiting for your upgrade, do you have extended warranty? Any

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
slmmjjj

I do. It just seems like a pain to go through a claim when my contract

ends next month. Thanks for the response!

On Sep 26, 2014 11:26 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
hasii
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same deal here.  Battery drains like crazy.  Removed as many apps as possible turned off gps, bluetooth;  The only way it stays charged is if is on a power cord.  Sheesh fix this