Re: Droid Razr M new problems after latest update 182.46.15.en.us
MarciTT

I am now furious with Verizon's customer service.  I have been having the same issues downloading messages, battery life, and acting like it's in silent mode when the sound is on.  I spent over an hour on the phone with Customer Service a couple of weeks ago specifically on the messaging issue.  The outcome? Don't ever put my phone in WiFi mode if I want to get either group or picture messages.  ReaIly?  Who would accept that answer? I wasn't satisfied with that so I spent an hour at the Verizon store today asking about the messaging and battery life issues.  47% of my battery life is being sucked up by my screen!!  The Verizon rep told me that these issues were not reported by anyone else so it must be my phone and proceeded to attempt to sell me another phone.  Did he think I wouldn't research this?I have almost another year on my contract; although Verizon has always been my provider, this may be the last straw!  Other providers are advertising that they will buy out the contract. 

0 Likes
slmmjjj

It happens with random contacts. It typically only hangs when I am on

WiFi. Usually when I switch off WiFi it will send. Hope that helps a

little.

On Oct 22, 2014 7:05 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
MarciTT

That hasn't worked well for me. Once I receive the notification, taking

the phone off WiFi does nothing for that message. It will finally download

hours later; sometimes the next day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important group messages are kfritch0123! I experienced similar issues when I updated my software and I was able to resolve by doing a factory reset, give it a try. Follow the steps at this link http://vz.to/1j7V5Ul **uncheck at step 3 - very important**, and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
MarciTT

I did the factory reset this morning and it seems to be working better.

Text messages are still a little strange when on WiFi ​but significantly

better.

Thank you.

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 9:36 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information slmmjjj. I do need more details from you please. Does this happen with group messages and picture messages?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
dakotacody1

I am having the same issues.  I was really happy with my phone and it is in good shape still other than the absolutely horrible user experience following the latest updates.  My phone has become almost unusable, taking way too long to perform the most pedestrian of tasks.  My phone should just work rather than becoming a point of frustration every time I need to use it.  I don't want to buy a new phone to replace a perfectly fine piece of hardware.  Please fix the software issues or don't require the updates.  This last one was absolute garbage.  It's almost like  "Oh 2 years..better force another phone purchase to help boost our sales!  Send out the garbage update to get some churn."

0 Likes
MikeCheck
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also been having major issues since the KitKat upgrade. I have tried a factory reset. It helped many of the issues for a couple of days, but they all returned shortly after.

Messaging:

More often than not, my SMS messages do not send (according to the device) or receive. I was using the Messaging app and it would just say "sending" for hours until I would reboot the phone. I've since switched to hangouts and now after a few minutes, I get a "message not sent" error even though I've confirmed with the recipient that the messages are actually going through.

Battery drain:

The phone battery went from lasting ~2 days to lasting less than 4 hours. The phone is often hot in my pocket. If I look at the battery usage, the phone shows as "awake" nearly 100% of the time (even though the screen is off).

Bluetooth:

Sometimes the bluetooth audio is very choppy. The only fix I've found is to restart the phone.

Slowness:

Simple tasks take (typing a word on the keyboard, loading apps, etc) can take upwards of 15 seconds.

All of these issues have made the phone near worthless. None of them existed prior to the KitKat upgrade.

0 Likes
Toyota4x4van
Contributor - Level 3

The MMS issue is well known, and occurs when the phone is on WiFi.  Motorola knows about the issue, and in fact they have developed a fix for it, BUT they cannot release the fix/update unless Verizon authorizes them to do so.  So at this point, only Verizon is to blame every time you do not rreceive a picture message.  We all need to shout and DEMAND that Verizon allow Motorola to fix the issue!  FDRs don't solve the problem.  Cache clears don't solve the problem.  Only a software update (that IS ready) will solve the problem.  C'mon, Verizon, tell Motorola to release the fix to us!

0 Likes