Droid Razr M not sending full text messages after updating
dkronx

I had an update to my Droid Razr M four days ago.  Since that update, if I send a message that is longer than the allotted characters,  the message is not fully sent.  The person receiving the text only receives the first part of the message.  They have then received the 2nd part of the message the next day, which was combined with a new text that was sent or they do not receive it at all.  My phone restarted automatically after the update, and I manually restarted it two more times.  I have had this phone for 5 months and this is the first automatic update.   Prior to the update, I did not have any issues when messages were longer than the allotted characters.  They were received simultaneously.  After the update, it's hit or miss receiving the all texts if longer than one.   Is anyone else having these similar issues?  Any suggestions on how to correct, besides sending smaller messages??

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr M not sending full text messages after updating
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dkronx, thanks for bringing your issue to our attention. I want to make sure that your text messages are working as they should. I'm not showing this as a reported issue. Do you show any errors when this happens, or just find out that the other person didn't receive it? Are you using any SMS apps from the PlayStore? Try clearing cache from your Messaging app. This will not erase data. http://vz.to/ZauvQJ Also, remove the SD card for about 30 seconds.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
anichka53

I don't remember when my update was, nor am I sure if this started after the update or not, but I'm experiencing the same problem. It never sends the rest of the text after the limit is reached for the first part. I've been noticing this for about the last week or so.

0 Likes
dkronx

I am not receiving any errors.  The people I send messages to will text back that they only received part of the message.  I cleared the cashe from the text application and it seemed to work fine for less than a day.  I am back to not sending full messages.  I did remove the SD card for 30 seconds as suggested.   It's still hit or miss on the message going through that is longer than the allotted characters.  Mostly it's a miss.  

0 Likes