Droid Razr Maxx HD Messaging issues
cbrew78

It seems like after the last update I installed on my phone, I cannot consistently send/receive text messages.  I am using the stock messaging app and I typically have to completely restart the phone for messages to begin flowing again.  Sadly, this is creating some issues with time sensitive communications and it is getting very frustrating.  I've been searching around and can find MANY instances of this happening for other users, however many of these do not appear to have a resolution or fix listed, so for months I've just been having to reboot my phone whenever someone tells me they've been messaging me and I've not answered and then afterwards, the messages pour in.  Please, is there anything that can be done to help me on this?  My contract on this line is nearing its end and I do not know if I can wait until then to get a new phone or something because the one thing I've determined for certain is that this model phone DOES appear to have some issue involving the last update that IS causing this for many users.  Battery has also been significantly impacted, but this concern is secondary at present.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr Maxx HD Messaging issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cbrew78,

I definitely agree, it's truly odd to have this problem. However, it's equally important as any other problem with a phone. We need to get to the bottom of this, it's imperative to receive messages when you need them. Is it all your text messages? At a certain time? Do you notice problems with calls or data at the time you realize a reboot is needed?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
cbrew78

Calls seem to be fine, data is hit and miss at home but I live in the middle of nowhere.  The messaging issue, I have not been able to pattern out.  It "seems" that when I have wifi completely disabled, it works better, but often I don't know that I'm not getting messages until someone emails me or I just happen to reboot my phone in case and get flooded and this has occurred when I have left WiFi off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info cbrew78! We want to ensure that your text service is working properly. Can I assume that you are using the stock messaging app? Also, how much available device memory do you have? While turning wifi off is a good start towards a solution, we want to confirm that it's not a bandage on the true issue. If you can keep us posted then we can continue.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cbrew78

Yes I am using the stock messaging app.  Internal storage is at 10GB free, RAM fluctuates around 75 - 135MB free.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to read that you have enough device memory available cbrew78! May I ask have a factory reset been done after the update? If not then I would suggest verifying that you info has been backed up and perform this step. Here's a link with the steps to do so.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-66354/

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cbrew78

I will perform a factory restore right now and follow up after enough time has passed to gauge whether it corrected the issue or not.

0 Likes