Droid Razr Maxx is painfully slow
jp12345
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have searched around here to get some advice on why my phone is so painfully slow.  When I use apps, they freeze up.  When I click on app shortcuts on the main screen, the wrong apps will open.  I've deleted them and recreated them, no help.  I've cleared the system cache, no help.  I've booted up in safe mode, no help.  I keep deleting pictures and texts, and uninstalling extra apps to free up space, thinking that maybe the phone is too full (it's not), no help.  Please offer something else to try.  This phone is really driving me crazy.  It's nearly unusable at this point.  Thank you.

Labels (2)
Re: Droid Razr Maxx is painfully slow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jp12345,

Oh no, let's get your phone working at lighting speed again! Sounds like you have done most of the troubleshooting already on your phone so thank you! Have you tried a master reset to see if that helps? Is the software up to date?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

jp12345
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not done that yet.  Can I do it myself, or do I have to bring it in for that to be done?  What happens if that doesn't correct the speed?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Try running a Factory Reset.!  This can be 2 ways 1 try doing the F.R. your self if you've done this in the past or If you can call Customer Service on another line or Landline a Tech Representative can assist you through the Factory Reset I've had tech in my early years of having smartphone help it smooth as Butter.. so that's what i would try.. Good Luck.. b33

0 Likes
FiggieFresh

I am experiencing the same issue with my phone and have tried all of the same methods as well except for a factory reset.  I have performed a factory reset on a phone I used to use and it erased all of my downloaded apps stored on the phone (Not mini usb card), would you suggest storing apps on the mini storage card versus the phone itself?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If there Google apps they should restore once your past the F.R. and you re-inter your Google account in the play store I always download an app that I know of..or have used for a long time,  then I go to my APP's in the playstore there you'll find the apps you had before you done F.R.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know its frustrating to deal with a phone that is functioning slow FiggieFresh. Thanks for performing those trouble-shooting steps. The factory reset would be the last step to try and resolve your issues. I know you're concerned about losing your data but you can now save your information via our cloud services or backup assistance plus. Here is the link to the hard reset http://vz.to/1g3x7vm . Here is the link to our cloud services  http://vz.to/IsygQ6 and to backup assistance plus http://vz.to/1igs1z6 . Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

Ogerty
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same kinds of issue, did the factory reset which helped for a bit. what finally fixed this for me was go to system settings, developer options, apps, set the background process limit to 2 and check the show all ANRs box.

jp12345
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Finally did a factory reset and there have been no changes.  my phone freezes up all the time.  I'm now not even able to unlock it quite often and miss many calls.  The phone will ring and the screen doesn't recognize that I'm swiping to unlock it.  Then the call goes to voicemail.  I'm not eligible for an upgrade until august, but this phone is unusable and unreliable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jp12345 We absolutely want you to have a reliable phone. Since you have completed the master reset, we would look into a warranty replacement. Is there any physical or moisture damage?

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes