Droid Razr always shows "message not received" on group messages?
mango7777

Whenever a group message is received I always get a message not received and have to download it, why is that?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Razr always gets message not received on group messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's quite helpful to know, mango7777!

Let's dive deeper. Are you normally connected to WiFi? Do you also have an issue with picture messages coming through? WiFi does not support MMS messages, which include group messaging. This can sometimes cause them not to come through until you are on a Verizon data connection. Please try turning WiFi off, and see if this allows your group messages to come through normally.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mango7777, it is a concern to know that your group messages are not being received. Let me help to get those messages through. Have you recently migrated from an Apple device? Are you using a 3rd party messaging app or the stock app? Share more details so I can assist further. 
EdwinW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mango7777

1. I have never had an apple device, 2. As far as I know I am using the messaging app that came with the phone, I have not down loaded any other messaging app. 

I can get individual texts from the individuals that are in the group messages with no problems, it is only when I get group messages from anyone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's quite helpful to know, mango7777!

Let's dive deeper. Are you normally connected to WiFi? Do you also have an issue with picture messages coming through? WiFi does not support MMS messages, which include group messaging. This can sometimes cause them not to come through until you are on a Verizon data connection. Please try turning WiFi off, and see if this allows your group messages to come through normally.

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
mango7777

Thanks MichelleH, I will give that a try.

0 Likes