Droid Razr multiple problems
JerryRuss

Purchased last August and have had three replacements thus far. Various problem: AOL Email delays if received at all. Sync does not occur sometimes even after I manually attempt sync. Blue tooth was dropping connection with my car system. The last droid I received wont connect at all. Droid dropped support for the motto print app and I cant get my email to print using any other app. Twice I lose my pictures. I had it set to SD storage but it somehow changes settings? All these things have been occurring since the 4.1.2 software upgrade. The unit is useless and talking to Verizon support has been just as useless. I believe that Verizon in in breach of contract, my email is not arriving without delays, if received at all, I cant print from my droid, my pictures drop and my Bluetooth does not connect with my car. I pay for all of these services but am not receiving. Verizon technician yesterday was to discuss with his manager and call me back. I never received any phone call. I initially wanted to purchase the IPhone but the store clerk talked me out of it. Is this the way Verizon operates?? I am caught into a two year contract with non functioning system???

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr multiple problems
Not applicable

Some of these issues could be the phone, but many could be the apps you are using or the email provider you are using etc.  I have a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx and have had zero problems since I bought it 16 months ago, so I know the Razr is a great phone.  If your phone is defective, Verizon should be willing to send you a refurbished replacement phone per the terms of your contract.  The choice of which phone to purchase is your's, not some sales clerk.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well lets see if I can assist in a few areas.  For printing get the Print Hand Printing App. From the google play store the full version is around $12 I use it and its great. Best app out there. However it only prints GMail not AOL   Now in that same Google Play Store download the stand alone app for AIM which is also AOL Mail. The native app for mail is totally uyseless and buggy. Once installed you put your email address and password in and set the settings to sync at the level you prefer.  Not knowing what make if car you have, but many posts on Google search state the new Jelly Bean update is not supported for your bluetooth car-phone connections or limited use of same. I have read that the car dealers have a update to the bluetooh in your car so call the dealer and ask.  I think I covered your concerns. Many times it is not just the phones it can be what your using is not fully supported by the app makers. Its like what Ice Cream Sandwich worked has not been updated by the app makers for Jelly Bean.  A last note you are paying for service on the network, Verizon does not gurantee the apps and download programs will function.

0 Likes
JerryRuss

Phone has been replaced twice. Droid no longer supports motto print and email is not printing with other printer apps. My mail is AOL mail which is perfect on my IPAD. I've worked in computer industry for many years and never had these problems with blackberry or my IPAD. What app do you use to print your email from your droid?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I don't print from my phone.  If I need to print something, I print it from my computer.  I also use gmail.

0 Likes
JerryRuss

Printing from the phone was perfect, did not need to fire up desk top or laptop

0 Likes
Not applicable

My laptop is always on.  I rarely print anything.  Email automatically goes to phone, 2 laptops, and 2 tablets.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Moto print did not support all air printers. I even used an HP Print App for the HP Envy D410A which you would think would function flawlessly.. Guess what, it didn't.

0 Likes
JerryRuss

But it worked perfectly on the droid with my hpc8180, until the jellybean upgrade. By the way, I downloaded the aim app, seems like I'm getting my email faster, thanks

Mobile

0 Likes
Not applicable

You are welcome. The email stock app is terrible. The stand alone ones work much better.

You might not have thought of this but I also use Google Cloud Print. Check it out from the Google site.

http://www.google.com

0 Likes