Re: Droid Turbo 2 Marshmallow update.
rbird2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just looked at the Verizon web site and it appears they do not offer Nexus.

Do we have to switch carriers to get a Nexus?

I would love to let Google have control over the updates vs Verizon. My Chromebook gets updated on a regular basis where my phone is always behind on Security updates.

I find it funny that Verizon locks the phone and bootloader tight but totally ignores Google Security updates,

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You buy the Nexus phone directly from Google or from third party sites like Amazon or Best Buy. By not having Verizon or the other carriers sell the phones, Google keeps better control over the updates and inventory.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Anduiril
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just downloaded the first update.

0 Likes
kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3

Me too! Guess the squeaky wheels get the grease!

0 Likes
ATHLON399
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the update I am running marshmallow right now

0 Likes
rbird2
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Droid Turbo 2 updated around noon today. So far Marshmallow looks and feels great!

0 Likes
kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got mine, and all looks good so far, but still no message "badges" (the little red ball in upper right of app icon on screen showing unread messages for facebook, outlook, gmail, etc.) Guess I got spoiled having them on my last 3 Samsung phones, and it's not a priority for Verizon or Motorola.....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is a Samsung customization. It isn't on the stock Android. If you really want the "unread" badges, I would suggest sticking with Samsung or the fruit phones. Personally I despise the "unread" badges.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ATHLON399, I know there is much anticipation about the update. They do take time to condition to your phone.This is done so that your phone doesn't crash with everyone trying to update at once. If the software update shows as available, but won't work, please restart your phone and try again.

Keep us updated.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Papa'n'Lola, we want you to have the latest software for your phone. We do want to be sure that there are no adverse effects with these updates. Please keep up-to-date on the latest here http://spr.ly/6587BeIEF http://spr.ly/6588BeIE2
JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes