Droid Turbo deletes emails from server when it shouldn't
Hilltownroots

I have a new Droid Turbo and configured all my email accounts. In the account setup, I selected "Never" for each when asked whether to remove the message from the server when I delete it from my inbox. The native email app on the Turbo disregards this setup and deletes the messages from the server when I delete them from the Turbo inbox. I verified that my setup configuration was correct and tested and confirmed the bad behavior.

If I have an email that I prefer to read on my desktop big screen (due to size, attachments, graphics, etc.), I delete it from my phone and when I return to my home office, the message is lost. I can retrieve it from my Trash folder on the phone and forward it to myself, but this work-around is not acceptable (especially when there are multiple emails). Am I missing something? Or is this a bug that is soon to be corrected? Verizon: you should not accept such a half-baked email app from Motorola (or is this a Verizon issue?)..

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo deletes emails from server when it shouldn't
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Move the emails to a folder that you can then access from the desktop?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Karin121

POP setup - delete never does not work, IMAP setup also deletes from the server. Hope the bug is fixed soon.

0 Likes
Arizona623
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having this same issue when I have it set to "Never" Delete email from server. I had a HTC DNA using the same settings without this problem. Also I use Cox for my Email.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Arizona623 We understand it is important to have the correct emails remain on the server and we apologize for the issues. This is a known problem and the a fix is under review with the software developers and this should be fixed with the next software update. We do not have any details on the update will be released.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes