Droid Turbo loses ringing function
DIAPET19

My Droid Turbo loses its ringing function and I miss a lot of calls. It does correct itself when I power down and back up, but this is annoying since it is losing the ring more often. When I go into the sound settings, the ringtone volume doesn't respond. All other notification volumes work, but not the ringtone volume. Very strange. Is there something I can do besides constantly powering down and up?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Turbo loses ringing function
amberk_vzw
Verizon Employee
DIAPET19-

Thank you so much for those additional details and all of your efforts thus far. We definitely are not giving up. I sent you a private message to your community inbox, please reply there so we can provide more personalized support. Thanks so much!

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to stay on top of calls is important and we are here to help, DIAPET19. When did you first notice this becoming an issue? When going to adjust the ringtone volume, does the setting allow you to have it changed but just not hear the tone or is the entire function unresponsive? Have there been any recent changes to software on your device? Looking forward to hearing back and working towards a resolution.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DIAPET19,

Help is here! I would be lost without being able to hear my phone ring. When did this problem start to happen? Can you explain a bit more of what you mean the ringtone volume doesn’t respond?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DIAPET19

This problem first occurred around the time of the latest OS upgrade. In sound settings, the bars (volume settings) move, but for the ringer one, there is no sound at all when you move the bar. All other sound notifications work. But no ringer sound. I then power it down and it works for a little while. Very annoying not having g a ringer sound.

0 Likes
andrewt_vzw
Verizon Employee

DIAPET19,

That wouldn't make me happy either. I rely on my phone to let me know when something is happening. How often does this seem to happen? Does the phone have any other issues that pop up when this does?

AndrewT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DIAPET19

This problem happens every few days. I power it off and on and it corrects

itself for several more days. Nothing else seems to be affected. Only the

ringer for phone calls goes silent. Very frustrating. I have been reading

about this ongoing issue and have tried all the tips, but nothing works

except the power down. I believe it is a Motorola problem.

0 Likes
allisonc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Having your phone ring is an important function of your phone, DIAPET19. We all need our phones to ring. I have the Droid Turbo and with the clues that you have provided, I am wondering if somehow an automatic rule has been activated. Let's check. Please tap:

Settings -

Sound and Notification -

Do Not Disturb.

Automatic Rules

Please check and see if you have Automatic Rules set up. If so, lets try deleting them and see if that solves your device not ringing mystery. Keep us posted.

AllisonC_VZW

0 Likes
DIAPET19

I don't have the Do Not Disturb option, but have an Interruptions option. I

have nothing selected here. I have basically turned off all options.

Nothing has helped except powering down. Could be a 5.1 OS problem with

this phone (worked fine when I first got it).

0 Likes
amberk_vzw
Verizon Employee
DIAPET19-

Thank you so much for those additional details and all of your efforts thus far. We definitely are not giving up. I sent you a private message to your community inbox, please reply there so we can provide more personalized support. Thanks so much!

AmberK_VZW

0 Likes