Droid Turbo won't send verizon.net email
smgreen

This device is new to me (2 days). Though I can receive verizon.net email just fine, the phone won't send it, whether I use wifi or 4G.  At the store rep's suggestion, I'm using MyFios email app but that didn't solve the problem.  I have NO problem sending or receiving gmail from my phone. I've had the verizon.net email sending problem periodically over the last few months, including on the Droid Bionic that I had til last week.  I've been happy with verizon.net email for a number of years and I'd like to keep using it but this is becoming intolerable.  I'd appreciate any help.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Turbo won't send verizon.net email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi smgreen!  Certainly we can help you further with your email concerns!  My apologies for the trouble you're experiencing!  I too agree that using the My Fios email app is the best way to send/receive emails with the Verizon.net email.  If you are still having issues sending, I would recommend un-installing the application.  Then I would power the phone down to reset.  Lastly, I would recommend re-installing the application again.  Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns!  Thanks so much for being a valued Verizon Wireless customer!  We appreciate your business!

-KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi smgreen!  Certainly we can help you further with your email concerns!  My apologies for the trouble you're experiencing!  I too agree that using the My Fios email app is the best way to send/receive emails with the Verizon.net email.  If you are still having issues sending, I would recommend un-installing the application.  Then I would power the phone down to reset.  Lastly, I would recommend re-installing the application again.  Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns!  Thanks so much for being a valued Verizon Wireless customer!  We appreciate your business!

-KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

I would also double check to see if it's just the verizon.net email addresses or all emails.  If you find out others work, there may be an issue with authentication or an issue with the email service.  If it's the latter, you will need to contact verizon communications since they have access to those systems.

0 Likes
smgreen

Thanks for the suggestions.  The email seems to be sending now BUT it's

doing so twice, and every time I hit the "MyFios" icon two inboxes show up.

How do I uninstall one of these?

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can help with that, smgreen! Since you have it added both to the phone, and to the MyFios app, it may be sending from both. We would suggest removing it from either the app or the phone, so it is only stored in one place.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
smgreen

MichelleH_VZW, thanks for the advice. I found account removal instructions

on a Google forum and pasted them below. Will these work on my Droid Turbo,

which uses Android 4.4.4? If not, how do you suggest I remove the account

from either the MyFios app or my phone?

Some of this information applies only to devices running Android 5.0 and

higher. If your device is running 4.4 or lower, the Menu icon looks like

this .

Remove an account from your device

You can remove an account you've added to your device. When you do so,

everything associated with that account, including email, contacts, and

settings, will also be deleted.

Keep in mind that if you want to lend your device to a friend but make sure

they can't access your account, you don't have to delete your account. You

can <https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2865483> create a separate

user space or temporary <https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6115141>

guest space for them on your device and they won't have access to any of

your account information.

To remove an account from your device, follow these steps:

1. Open the Settings menu on your device.

2. Under "Accounts," touch the name of the account you want to remove.

3. If you're using a Google account, touch Google and then the

account. Keep in mind that when you sign out of your Google Account, all the

email, contacts, Calendar events, and other data associated with that

account will no longer automatically sync with your device.

4. Touch the Menu icon in the top right corner of the screen.

5. Touch Remove account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Smgreen,

This is excellent research! Yes. Those are the correct steps to follow, but you can skip step 3 since it won't apply to verizon.net email addressed. I have a sneakig suspicion that when you try to find your email address under accounts it isn't going to be there. Reading through your earlier description I had a question. You said you're seeing two inboxes for the same verizon account in the MyFiOS app, right? So that would be completely independant of the Email app that came on the phone itself.

Although Verizon Wireless and Verizon Communications share the same name we operate as two completely seperate companies. This is sounding more and more like a specific issue with their MyFiOS app than with your phone. I would suggest removing the app from your phone and then downloading it again and setting up your email again. If you only get one inbox then that should resolve this particular issue and I encourage you to test it and let us know the results. If you're still seeing two inboxes please reach out to Verizon Communications at 1-800-VERIZON for further assistance with their application.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
smgreen

SarahO_VZW --

I uninstalled and reinstalled the MyFios email but there were still two

inboxes. I'll call Verizon Communications as you suggested.

Thanks.

0 Likes