Dropped in Water - No Screen
AshleyCE

I dropped my RAZR in water yesterday and took it back out immediately and dried it off.  It still receives calls and text messages, vibrates when I get Facebook notifications, however the screen won't turn on.  The lights on top blink to tell me I have message/notifications.  When I plug it into a charger, the screen flashes and then goes black again.  Is there a way to fix it or is it done??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped in Water - No Screen
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone should have been placed immediately in a sealed bag of uncooked rice for 48 or more hours to wick all the moisture from the phone.

You might have some luck trying now, but odds are you have already fried the electronics.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Dropped in Water - No Screen
B33
Legend

I'd say basically done would be a correct,  even though Motorola phones have what they call splash protection dropping into water it's going to get into vitals of the phone Quickly, Ann154 suggestion to get into a bag of Rice would've been the best to do but even then there's a possibility it not working correctly.. 

Do you have Insurance on the phone?  If so accidental drops into water should be covered check with your local store have them check your account and go from there you may have to file a Claim with Asurion

Here's Verizon's Total Mobil Protection Link.. b33

https://totalmobileprotection.verizonwireless.com/

0 Likes