Email sync issue and can't delete email account
Rschank

Today my Droid Turbo showed a server issue in syncing with our yahoo (@bellsouth.net) email account.  I have checked the account on other devices (no problems).  I want to just delete the email account and re-establish it, but there is no option to delete the account!  I followed the instructions here exactly: Remove a Personal (POP/IMAP) Account DROID TURBO by Motorola | Verizon Wireless but instead of showing a "Remove" option, the only option available is "Sync now".  How do I remove the account so that I can set it up again and (hopefully) eliminate this problem? 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email sync issue and can't delete email account
seti
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go into the phone settings.  Under accounts, you should see your yahoo email account (look for the mail icon).  Touch the account to view detailed settings.  You should now see your account with a green sync button to the left of it.  Touch this and you will see additional options.  In the top right hand corner you will see a vertical line.  Touch this and select "remove account".

View solution in original post

seti
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go into the phone settings.  Under accounts, you should see your yahoo email account (look for the mail icon).  Touch the account to view detailed settings.  You should now see your account with a green sync button to the left of it.  Touch this and you will see additional options.  In the top right hand corner you will see a vertical line.  Touch this and select "remove account".

tevslin
Enthusiast - Level 2

This works. Thank you very much. Couldn't find the answer anywhere.

0 Likes