Emptying E-mail trash on Droid Turbo
Piscataquog

How do I delete ALL messages from the Trash folder (i.e., empty the trash) in the generic e-mail program AND in the Gmail apps on my Droid Turbo.  There was a menu item to do this on both the e-mail app and Gmail on my old Droid Bionic, but it's missing from both of the e-mail apps on my new Turbo.

Generic e-mail app - If I want to delete messages from the trash in the generic e-mail app, I have to delete each one individually.  I cannot find a "select all" or "empty trash" option.

Gmail - There doesn't appear to be any way to empty the trash (or even delete individual messages from Trash) in GMail .  I have to log into my Gmail account on the web and delete them there.  

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Emptying E-mail trash on Droid Turbo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Piscataquog

Sorry to hear about any trouble emptying the trash of your email! On the Gmail app, is there an otpion when you select the three dots in the upper right corner? When you open the standard email app and open the trash folder, what options do you see in the menu?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Piscataquog

In the standard e-mail app - when in the Trash folder and I press the three dots in the right corner, I get two options - "Refresh" and "Settings".  There is no option to empty the trash.

(In Gmail - I just found the empty trash option, so I'm all set on that app.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Piscataquog,

I'm looking forward into this particular app on this model phone. There does not seem to be an option to delete several selected emails at this time. You do have the option to delete one at a time. This definitely can be a pain so I have submitted this feedback to the manufacturer. I really apprecitate you bringing this to our attention.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes