File Manager-Where is it on the Turbo???
bakerdmw

Do not have the file manager in the apps on this turbo?  Just purchased the phone yesterday. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: File Manager-Where is it on the Turbo???
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The base Android OS doesn't have a file explorer built in. Samsung was the company that added a basic file explorer to their devices. A few other OEMs have also. HTC and Motorola have not.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Personally I would prefer a file explorer app from the Play Store over something that was pre-installed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

I asked this question soon after I got the Turbo also.  Not sure why they left out the ability to see your own files on your own device.  I had several Samsungs before and they all had a "My File" app included.  I would rather have the app on the OS than download on the Play Store and have ads and who knows what kind of permissions to give the developer just so you can look at your own files.  This definitely should have been in the base OS.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The base Android OS doesn't have a file explorer built in. Samsung was the company that added a basic file explorer to their devices. A few other OEMs have also. HTC and Motorola have not.