Full Screen Pop Up Ads
nonpoint101

About a month ago my wife received a replacement Moto Z2 Play android phone. Since received, she has had a terrible problem with pop up ads coming on her phone all the time (when she starts up the phone and while using it). She hasn't downloaded any new apps since receiving the new phone and never had this problem with the previous phone (same Moto Z2 play) which she had for a year before it broke. I ran a malware scan which showed no issues. Not sure what else to try but she is incredibly frustrated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Full Screen Pop Up Ads
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unwanted advertisements are definitely frustrating, nonpoint101. As these ads typically come from free applications on a device, it's possible an application may have updated to include this functionality. What we recommend is putting the device into Safe Mode to test this. Here is a link with steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-212976/

Lynn_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes