Google Maps locks up then forces reboot in Droid Turbo 2 after Marshmallow update
elmariachi227

After the recent Marshmallow update, Google Maps has crashed twice when trying to navigate.

The App will freeze up and not update the location on the map. When I click on the screen, after a few seconds android will tell me that the app is not responsive, and if I want to wait or close it.

After choosing close, the phone will close the app as requested. However, the phone will then automatically reboot after this after about a minute despite no direction from me.

After the reboot, it works fine for at least one more attempt at navigation, but will lock up the second time I try to use it.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Google Maps locks up then forces reboot in Droid Turbo 2 after Marshmallow update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked for an update to the Maps application? If the issue is occurring in only that application, I would suggest emailing the developer of the application and describe the issue to them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes