Group Messaging not working
deeganj

I have the Moto Z2 Force and the OS is up-to-date, as well as all applications via Google Play. I am using the default "Messages" application and can send/receive individual texts just fine. However, I'm not able to receive any group messages that my job is sending me. They have all confirmed that they are all able to send/receive them just fine... it's just my phone that's the issue.

I've already gone to "settings - apps - messages" and cleared the cache/force stopped(as well as tried rebooting). From within the Messages app, I've also gone to "settings - advanced - group messaging" and tried switching back & forth from the 2 available settings. I am not rooted either. Is this is known issue? Anything that can be done to fix it? I did not have any problems when I was using my old Galaxy S6 phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group Messaging not working
deeganj

I did some more research...

Basically, everyone at work who are sending out the group messages are on iPhones(I'm the only one with an Android phone). That being the case, is there a 3rd party messaging app for Android that will receive iMessage group messages?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Deeganj, receiving those messages from coworkers is crucial. Let's get to the bottom of this. You mentioned using the default app, have you attempted Messages +? When sending these group messages, do these coworkers have there send as MMS on to ensure they can go through to non iPhone devices?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
deeganj

I have tried both Messages and Messages + (neither work no matter what settings I adjust in them). I've also tried several 3rd party apps that did not work. However, using the application "TextPlus"(which assigns it's own phone #) is actually working for some reason. Seems to have the same settings "Messages" and "Messages +"... so that's unusual.

My co-workers have tried both SMS and MMS on their end. Even though this TextPlus app is working, I'd still rather be able to use Messages or Messages + instead.

0 Likes