HELP-black screen of death.
moto712

Droid Razr Maxx fell out of my pocket last night (with case on it), screen cracked and won't turn on now. I can hear messages, alarms, etc going off but screen is completely black. Phone isn't under warranty or insured or anything since I bought it from a friend, suggestions on how to get this fixed or what to do?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: HELP-black screen of death.
Not applicable

You could buy another device at less than full price and just swap out the device ID from the old to the new one/used one.

http://www.swappa.com is a good place to start.

You could Google screen replacement for the device make and see if a local shop can do it.

Or you can buy at full price and just swap out the device ID's

You could have the device makers customer service replace the glass of course I would not know how much that would cost.

You can borrow another device from a friend or relative.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: HELP-black screen of death.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

moto712,

Sorry to hear about the recent drop!  The comment above has come up with some great ideas for you.  Do you know if your eligible for an upgrade?  You can dial #UPG to check for eligibility.  If you want to follow me and send a private message I can also check for any upgrades or promotions through Verizon Wireless for you.  Let us know if you need anything!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes