Hate the upgrade to 5.1 SLOW. EATS BATTERY. GETS INCREDIBLY HOT. It's a disaster.
theRitzy1

Biggest problem is that when I open contacts, it takes about 30 seconds for the screen to populate.  Then when I search for a name, and tap on one of the choices, it just gives me a dark screen most of the time, without displaying any of the contact info.  I hit back to get back tot he list of names, and try again.  Same result.  But sometimes, randomly, it DOES properly display the info.  I am SO upset.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Hate the upgrade to 5.1   SLOW.  EATS BATTERY.  GETS INCREDIBLY HOT.  It's a disaster.
Snn5
Legend

Try this first:  Clear Cache Partition

0 Likes
Re: Hate the upgrade to 5.1   SLOW.  EATS BATTERY.  GETS INCREDIBLY HOT.  It's a disaster.
theRitzy1

Been trying to Clear Cache Partition, but can never get past step 5 in the instructions (press and hold VOL UP for 10-15 secs, while holding vol up key tap and release power key).  Have tried this dozens of times, but nothing at all happens.  so i  force a reboot, go through steps 1 through 4 again, and still have the same hangup at step 5.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It took me a few tries to get past that step too.  Press and hold VOL UP, press and release the Power and the VOL UP keys.  If it doesn't work, try the same again.  After three or four times, I saw the menu as described, and was able to complete the cache wipe.

After the wipe, it took probably 10 or 15 minutes before the phone rebooted (it does so on it's own, but it takes awhile).  A system cache wipe did seem much simpler on my older Android devices....  the good news is that the issue I was having with the contacts app crashing every time I tried to search for someone is gone after the cache wipe.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: Hate the upgrade to 5.1 SLOW. EATS BATTERY. GETS INCREDIBLY HOT. It's a disaster.
EpEagle12
Enthusiast - Level 3

This happens every new SW update for me for any type of device, Verizon or not (Samsung Galaxy MP3 Player was the last non Verizon device to memory).

Your device is fine, just perform a master reset and let the SW do its thing. A master reset will cure overheating, battery drain, apps force closing, lagging between screens, etc..

Don't forget to back up your pictures, videos etc

0 Likes
theRitzy1

Still trying to get past that step.  Very frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Hate the upgrade to 5.1 SLOW. EATS BATTERY. GETS INCREDIBLY HOT. It's a disaster.
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

You are using the wrong last step to clear the cache partition.  You need to hold down the power button and then tap volume up.  The instructions are at this link....

Droid Turbo by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
EpEagle12
Enthusiast - Level 3

This happens every time there is a big update. Backup your photos,  videos and contacts. Do a master reset. Your problems will be solved!

0 Likes