How can I get emergency contacts on my lock screen?
TickyTurbo2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the Droid Turbo 2, pre-installed with Marshmallow a couple of days ago, and I'm trying to set emergency numbers for the locked screen. I've seen this question asked before, and the answer was to go to the ICE folder in contacts, etc.

Well I can't find the ICE folder in contacts. Has it moved somewhere else in newly installed Marshmallow. (I actually see nowhere to make new folders for contacts.) It's "favorites" or "all" contacts.

My husband's new one came from the store, and is running 5.1.1 and I can't find a way to make new folders in contacts in his either. I know how to upgrade his though, so it doesn't matter. Was just waiting for weekend for time.

Does anyone know how to set ICE numbers for Emergency on the locked screen in these newer Android OS's? The last questions I saw about this were back in 2014, I think.

Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ICE contacts for Emergency on Locked Screen How To?
angrene
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the lock screen, go to contacts, edit the me contact or about me section above the first contact, that puts information in the blue icon that can be accessed by pulling down the notification panel on the lock screen. You can put numbers and notes in there.

View solution in original post

angrene
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the lock screen, go to contacts, edit the me contact or about me section above the first contact, that puts information in the blue icon that can be accessed by pulling down the notification panel on the lock screen. You can put numbers and notes in there.

angrene
Enthusiast - Level 1

Under the phone numbers, choose custom instead of mobile or home and it lets you put in a name.

TickyTurbo2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you SO much!

0 Likes