How do I block text messages using message+?
BigBaldy
Enthusiast - Level 1

HELP,

I've searched everywhere yet I'm sure it's right under my nose! I like the program and don't want to switch yet I'm sick of the "erectile dysfunction" tests etc!

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
Re: How do I block text messages using message+?
bearone21
Legend

block the number in themessage.

fwiw:

some messages come from an email address & won't have a phone number.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us today. We are sorry to read that you are getting spam text messages. I know firsthand how quickly they can become a nuisance. On our messaging application there will not be a setting to block messages. Instead what you have to do is block the number from your phone settings. What device are you using? Also what you can do is forward the messages you are receiving to 7726(SPAM) and this way the messages are flagged and stopped. 

RogelioZ_VZW

Halladeyl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I always spammer block numbers, but the spammers then just switch numbers and resend their unwanted, unsolicited messages. It would be really nice to have an option to block messages based on message content such as a word or phrase that is often repeated in the text messages.  I had this capability when I was with Sprint. My phone is a Moto 7.

Orf411
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can't do it from Message+. However, switch to the Google Messages app, (temporarily set as default) open to the offending message, click on the 3 dots, and select "report spam". Verizon, if you're reading this, please add this feature to Message+.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unwanted calls and texts are frustrating. Thank you for the feedback, Orf411, and the suggestion for Google Messages. One additional suggestion if to use our free call and message blocking feature: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-200867/

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
Nuro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would use your free call and message blocking if it allowed me to block an infinite amount of numbers.  Your list is like 5 and they are not permanent.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Nuro ,

It's great to know that you've checked out some of our blocking options, but the 5 numbers that we will block for 90 days is not the only option. Your own device can block hundreds of numbers already, while our Call Filter and Smart Family programs offer blocking services among many other features: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-numbers/ . The free version of Call Filter will let you block spam calls automatically, but specific numbers (if you did not want to use the device's block options) can be blocked using Call Filter Plus. 

RussellM_VZW

mkolber
Enthusiast - Level 3

Kind of sounds like Verizon doesn't really care about spam unless it's to sell us a subcription-based  product.

Ilikebells
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reminder. I have always used Verizon Messages+ but since it doesn't offer a basic blocking feature I've moved to Google Messages. Our info is always for sale and our security is for sale with Verizon. I'm not going to buy a different package, only live with only being able to block 5 numbers nor am I going to sign on to my Verizon account to block a number. All are UNACCEPTABLE. 
It should be easy. As a matter of fact Verizon should have software finding, reporting and stopping SPAM callers. Just another way consumers are taken advantage of  for $$.