How do I move texts from my old device to my new one?
fatsmiles
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just replaced my Droid Razr with a new one. Can I move my texts from the old phone to the new one? If so, how?

I don't have an sd card installed.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moving texts to a new phone
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

SMS Backup and restore is absolutely wonderful. I have been using it for years and have never had any issues with it.

Install it on your current phone. Run the backup. go to your App Drawer and select Files. go to SMS Backup and restore. Copy the 2 files to your SD Card. Put the SD Card in your new phone and set up SMS Backup and restore. Go to restore and it should fine the file with the text messages on it. If it does NOT find it from the SD card then move the 2 files from the SD Card to the SMS Backup and restore folder on Internal storage then restore.

View solution in original post

Moving texts to a new phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can try one of the several SMS backup apps.  There are some that can backup the MMS too, but you often have to pay for those.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

SMS Backup and restore is absolutely wonderful. I have been using it for years and have never had any issues with it.

Install it on your current phone. Run the backup. go to your App Drawer and select Files. go to SMS Backup and restore. Copy the 2 files to your SD Card. Put the SD Card in your new phone and set up SMS Backup and restore. Go to restore and it should fine the file with the text messages on it. If it does NOT find it from the SD card then move the 2 files from the SD Card to the SMS Backup and restore folder on Internal storage then restore.

B33
Legend

Yea that is a Good app Jake i'v tried once in the past,, So are ready for the 4th it's going to be here in a few short Days..

0 Likes
fatsmiles
Enthusiast - Level 1

Downloaded SMS Backup and Restore. Since I don't have an sd card, I emailed the file to myself. Installed SMS B&R on my new Razr, opened the attachment and one of the choices was to restore using SMS B&R.

Thanks,

Ken

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ken do you have the RAZR HD ?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Very welcome. Glad it worked for you.