How do I prevent voicemails in from importing into Play Music?
JHG7268
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I keep my saved voicemails from importing to Play Music playlists? When I delete from Play Music it deletes the voicemail completely from the phone. I want the voicemail juat not mixed in with my music. I just want to save them elsewhere or keep them from importing to Play Music.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemails in Play Music
Texasdc479
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know it's a year later...but I have had the same problem and just figured it out. It has to do with the android music app. The blue one with the music note. Go into settings and shut off most recent, recently played, etc. Everyone that u can shut off...  then u go back to the Google play music app and delete all the voicemails (tediously one by one). After that no more voicemails in google play music

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MrW1zard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi JHG7268,

Welcome to the forums!

You asked, "How do I keep my saved voicemails from importing to Play Music playlists?"

From within the app itself> Hit the settings button> From there , there is an option to tell the app to only include songs you have downloaded and not content stored locally on the device. Additionally, you can always clear the app's cache in the application manager versus deleting content from your device via the app. That in turn will allow you to keep the things you don't want to be deleted and also clear content you do not want displayed in the actual app!

I do hope you find new ways to enjoy your Droid Turbo on Verizon Wireless!

0 Likes
JHG7268
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the feedback but unfortunately neither of these suggestions worked. The voicemails still appear in the playlist after switching to "downloaded only" and clearing the cache on the Play Music app. Any other suggestions?

MrW1zard
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a few theories. First let me ask you some things.

Is the content uploaded to Google Music?

Here is a support guide from Google to get you started with remedying your issue.

I only want to upload specific music from my library - Google Play Help

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
JHG7268
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure I understand? Are the voicemails uploaded to Google Music? I don't think so? It either has to do with something that changed when I switched phones from a Droid maxx hd to the Turbo or something within Google Music that changed because I never had this issue before now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very strange JHG7268! Voicemails are stored in the network voicemail system by default. Did make any changes to your voicemail system to have messages played via Google Music? Are you using a third party voicemail application? When did this voicemail issue start?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
JHG7268
Enthusiast - Level 2

Haven't made any changes that I'm aware of. It started after I switched phones from a droid maxx HD to the Droid Turbo. I am using the stock visual voicemail app and google music app. The only thing I can think is that they were migrated when I used the migration app to move Music and whatnot between phones. The only problem I have now is if I delete it from the Google app it also deletes it from my saved voicemails.

0 Likes
Texasdc479
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know it's a year later...but I have had the same problem and just figured it out. It has to do with the android music app. The blue one with the music note. Go into settings and shut off most recent, recently played, etc. Everyone that u can shut off...  then u go back to the Google play music app and delete all the voicemails (tediously one by one). After that no more voicemails in google play music

0 Likes
Sabmcclure

I have the same problem with old visual mail files that keep being imported to Google music.

I have a pixel 3. I don't see an option to clear the cache. I deleted the visual voicemail files from the phone but about a week later they reappear. They don't show up in my library on the computer so something is syncing to add them back. It's very annoying for running when you want to shuffle all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sabmcclure, having your Voicemails play while your music is shuffling can certainly be annoying. We're here to help. I understand you deleted your Voicemails, and they're coming back after a week or so. To ensure we have all the details, are you using the Visual Voicemail app that came with your phone or a third-party app? How did you delete these Voicemails (through the Visual Voicemail app, by dialing *86, etc.)?

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes