How do I remove a speed dial entry?
c_brookhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently got the Droid Turbo, and I wanted to clean up my contact list. I figured that by long pressing on a contact, that it would bring up an option where I could delete the contact. Instead what it did was actually call the contact AND add them to the speed dial.

I did a google search for how to remove speed dial entries. The instructions stated that from any home screen, press speed dial. That's the first problem -- there is no speed dial on the home screen. I see a speed dial when I go into the dialer.

I'd also like to find out how to remove entries from the contact list.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I remove a speed dial entry?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

To remove a speed dial entry from the dialer app, long-press it and drag it up to Remove at the top of the screen; when the word Remove turns red, let go of the speed dial entry and it should be removed.

To remove a contact entry, long-press the contact, tap the Settings button (the three dots in the upper right-hand corner), then tap Delete.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

To remove a speed dial entry from the dialer app, long-press it and drag it up to Remove at the top of the screen; when the word Remove turns red, let go of the speed dial entry and it should be removed.

To remove a contact entry, long-press the contact, tap the Settings button (the three dots in the upper right-hand corner), then tap Delete.

c_brookhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got the speed dial entry removed.

I think long pressing on the contact is what got it there in the first place after the contact was called from long pressing. I'll give it another try and see what happens.

0 Likes