How do I uninstall an update?
MeanMightyMommyMonste

I accidentally installed the 24.31.22.en.US update (the one released almost a year ago, I think before Nougat.) I HATE IT!  How can I uninstall this [removed] update that isn't letting my phone charge?

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I uninstall an update?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once you install an update, you can't roll it back to the previous version. Have you tried a system cache clear through the recovery menu?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once you install an update, you can't roll it back to the previous version. Have you tried a system cache clear through the recovery menu?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Generally the "path forward" is simply that - forward, not backward.

Google clearing the system cache. If that doesn't work, back up your critical content and try a Factory Data Reset.

Another possibility, use the Software Upgrade Assistant (SUA) to install the most recent software version again:

Software Update - Software Upgrade Assistant (Motorola - Older Devices) | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes