How do I use different incoming and outgoing email passwords in my Turbo 2?
BeechBum
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our company E-mail settings require a different incoming and outgoing password.  When I change either in the account setup, it changes both.  Is there a way around this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I use different incoming and outgoing email passwords in my Turbo 2?
BeechBum
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally concluded that MotoMail was not going to let me use different passwords for my incoming and outgoing mail.  I am now using the BlueMail App and it works great.  No problem with the configuration.

Thanks for the replies.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the manual account set up to add the accounts? Also you should ask your company's IT dept about how to setup their accounts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BeechBum
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the manual setup (Settings,Accounts, Email, Account Settings, [Select E-mail Account], Incoming and Outgoing Settings. 

The problem is that when I change the password in either the Incoming or Outgoing Settings, it changes both to the same password. 

Since our incoming and outgoing passwords are different, this does not work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BeechBum, we don't want you to miss any important e-mails. Are you connected to Wi-Fi when adding that e-mail account to your device? If so, we recommend that you disable Wi-Fi and connect to our network in Settings>More>Tap Cellular Networks>Enable Data ON. Try to add your e-mail address again and keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BeechBum
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally concluded that MotoMail was not going to let me use different passwords for my incoming and outgoing mail.  I am now using the BlueMail App and it works great.  No problem with the configuration.

Thanks for the replies.

0 Likes