Is My Moto Z Defective?
LERUDD

android moto Z phone. vibration motor works but has started to make a metallic rattle when it activates, as if it were loose or is rattling something inside the case. the short-press buttons (back, home, apps) do not make the rattle but any other longer vibration does (including vibration test apps like 'vibration plus'). the phone was not dropped, did not get wet, and is intact in terms of abuse of other sorts. It has an otterbox dual-layer protector, and makes the rattling sound regardless of if that is on or not.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: moto z vibration defective
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to enjoy your device, Lerudd. I would recommend returning the device if it is within the 14-day worry free return period. If you are outside of this time frame, please contact our tech support team, at (800)922-0204 or *611 from your phone, or take it to a store location so that we can troubleshoot the issue and see if it qualifies for a warranty replacement.

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: moto z vibration defective
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to enjoy your device, Lerudd. I would recommend returning the device if it is within the 14-day worry free return period. If you are outside of this time frame, please contact our tech support team, at (800)922-0204 or *611 from your phone, or take it to a store location so that we can troubleshoot the issue and see if it qualifies for a warranty replacement.

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes