Latest update has caused numerous problems with our phones
VENOYBOY47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Almost too many issues to list. Battery drain, wifi disconnects, freeze when typing text, calls and messages not received, etc. Issues are present with all three phones on my account. Are fixes being worked and/or can we go back to pre-update software? This is terrible.

Labels (1)
Re: Latest update has caused numerous problems with our phones
NKT8A
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you get any help on your issue?  I haven't gotten any on mine, if you learned anything useful, I'd love to hear.  My problems are almost identical to yours.

0 Likes
VENOYBOY47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing. Surely there are numerous folks experiencing these issues. It

looks like Verizon or Motorola would put out a statement addressing a fix.

0 Likes
VENOYBOY47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Beside the ones mentioned earlier, here are the latest glitches I've discovered since the update:

1) When replying to text messages, the keyboard will appear but is not responsive when you try to type. I have to go out of the text message and back in to get it to respond.

2) Incoming calls are not always visible and no missed call notification is displayed.

3) Voicemail notification is delayed several hours. I missed a call from my bank that showed to be received at 5 pm yesterday. At 10 pm last night my phone went off with both a missed call and a voice mail notification.

4) Trouble placing outgoing calls. Phone will respond like it's processing the call, but the screen freezes up before the call goes through. This has happened several times. Once, I turned my bluetooth off and the call went through but I think that was a coincidence. Either way, bluetooth on or off shouldn't impact placing a call.

To date, still no reply or contact from Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that you are experiencing post software update issues, VENOYBOY47. Phone manufacturers create software updates to improve your wireless experience and we push those software updates as soon as they are provided to us by the manufacturer. My resources indicate that some times the software updates may not install correctly and the Motorola Software Repair Assistant tool may resolve the incorrect installation. Please use the Motorola Software Repair Assistant as per this link (http://spr.ly/6586DqSzy), and keep us posted.

Antonio_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hastriblen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did doing the software update fail work? Just curious if I should give it a try? I have 2 Moto phones and they are both not working right since the latest update .

0 Likes
NKT8A
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried this and it didn't work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a fully functional device is very important and we do want to make sure that everything is working properly for you, NKT8A.  The Software Repair Assistance it a great way to reload the operating system without losing your personal data.  If that did not help, we do recommend trying to boot the device in Safe Mode to see if the issue continues: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205258/.  If the issue goes away in Safe Mode, that would mean that there is a 3rd party app causing the device to misbehave. 

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes