Marshmellow Update - Incoming Calls
AMYWIL49

After I updated the phone

• I started having callers state that the phone rings a number of time before I pick up, however it may ring one or twice on my end.
  • The other issue is that the when I answer an incoming call and start talking to the caller, all of a sudden it acts like another call is coming in. I have to flip back to the call and then in a matter of seconds it hangs up on the caller and then I have to call them back.

Since I use my phone for work this is becoming a very serious issue.

Thanks,

Ben

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Marshmellow Update - Incoming Calls
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone rings for 30 seconds before it goes to voicemail. Have you tried a different ringtone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have your phone working normally, AMYWIL49. The updates are supposed to enhance the phone, so I apologize this isn't happening.

Can you please tell me when you did the software update? Also, as Ann154 mentioned, the phone rings for 30 seconds before going to voice mail. This should not have changed at all. Please try a soft reset, (power the phone off for one minute, then back on). Let's see if that helps at all.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
AMYWIL49

Yes I have and it seems to still happen. These are just the ringtones provided on the phone.

0 Likes
AMYWIL49

I power the phone off every night and I've even gone through and deleted some of the app's that may have been interfering. The update was Jan. 4th @ 7:30PM

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AMYWIL49, we want all your calls to work properly for you. Let’s try refreshing the Phone app for your device. Please clear the cache for the Phone app on your phone. Here is a link with steps on clearing an app http://vz.to/2jiVApA

You may need to swipe to the All section once in the Settings/Apps section to locate the Phone app. After clearing the app please restart the phone and then test it out.

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes