Marshmellow Update for Droid Turbo 2?
Gothil

I bought the newest phone from Verizon expecting to be the first in line for the new software upgrade. Why in the [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]  is it taking so long?!!? I M [removed] off!

Give my phone the latest update for my Motorola Droid Turbo 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Marshmellow Update for Droid Turbo 2?
rbird2
Enthusiast - Level 3

If the Droid Turbo 2 Marshmallow Software is not yet available then Verizon needs to update their webpages:

DROID TURBO 2 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

This Verizon Web Page clearly states "Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device." This is the Marshmallow update web page for the Droid Turbo 2.

Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless

This Verizon Web Page still states the release date is listed as 3-1-2016

If this is not correct, Verizon needs to correct this informative ASAP.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Gothil. Let me tell you I am an Andorid user as well. I am also highly anticipating the Marshmallow update as well. Keep one thing, Verizon does not control when Google releases software updates to carriers. Trust and believe once it is available it will go out to our customers. We do appreciate your continued patience.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

krazyman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are saying that Vz has not officially received Marshmallow?  I don't think that is the case. I understand that unlocked phones will always get Android updates faster than those sold through a carrier. It's because each carrier has to receive the update, test it and approve it for release on their network. That process can take weeks or months.

So are saying that Vz has not even begun testing the software on the Turbo 2?

Tidbits
Legend

If Motorola was finished with the update there would be a soak test. Since there is no soak test Motorola hasn't submitted anything to Verizon. If you need examples just Google search Motorola soak test and you'll see every major change Motorola always does a soak test. If you end up being part of it and go through their forums you'll find out the soak test happens before submission to carriers.

0 Likes
zenf22

A soak test is being conducted. The employee edition of the Turbo 2 started getting Marshmallow mid-December. According to Motorla's website the update is pending carrier approval. The hold up is on Verizon's end, not Motorola's. Also, the Moto X Force (international version of Turbo 2 and has identical hardware) has also already started receiving Marshmallow. So Verizon Wireless Customer Support isn't being honest about Motorola not releasing the software.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's not the same. The software on the international version is different. This is something people don't understand.

The employee edition is being tested doesn't mean it passes or even to the point of submission. Since there are API as well as other technical changes Verizon could be testing the network stuff while Motorola isn't finished their contracted obligations.

0 Likes
zenf22

The baseband is the only difference between the Verizon Turbo 2 and the Moto X Force, which I will admit could be an issue for Verizon.

As far as the soak: Motorola started send out invites for the Marshmallow soak for Turbo 2 owners who opted-in the the Motorola Feedback Network in early December. That's a long time for a soak to run unless there is a major problem with the Turbo 2 and Marshmallow.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Do you know if any of those people recieved the soak tests?  I have not seen nor heard anyone getting them at all.  So until people started to get them then it hasn't started.

0 Likes
varberry
Enthusiast - Level 3

I say vzw is full of it.. its the media that draws our attention.. and with research.. its accurately true according to motorola.. Marshmallow Software Update..  who is their partner? duh Verizon smh!!!!!

This is why I sold my Droid Turbo 2.. I couldn't stand the random reboots.. and verizon tech support.. don't ask! They won't help you. I have 4 lines on the account and cancelling every one of them one by one slowly steady porting my number to AT&T. After 11 years of loyalty to Verizon..  now I'm through!

Tidbits
Legend

You know it even says that for unlock and unbranded devices... Not so accurate...

There still is no soak test and based on their MDN there has to be a soak test prior to carrier testing... Food for thought...