Moto Z Force Droid promotion for $15 mo in Jan.
gidget1959
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did anyone get a Moto Z Force Droid with a $15 mo payment promotion offered back in Jan.? We did, but now they say that promotion didn't exist, so we are paying $30 mo.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Force Droid promotion for $15 mo in Jan.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gidget1959, I would be baffled if this happened to me as well. I know how quickly promotions come and go. Let's figure out what happened. We did have a promotion for the Moto Z Force Droid that required a trade-in during January of this year. However, that was only within a specific time frame. What date did you upgrade?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
gidget1959
Enthusiast - Level 2

The order date was Jan. 26, 2017. I  am talking with Verizon now and the customer rep found the promotion and is sending an email with the information to the promotions escalations department. I am supposed to hear back by the end of the week. The first two reps couldn't find  this promotion, but thankfully this rep did. I hope the escalations dept. gets this resolved so we are only paying $15.00 a month for the device payment as it should have been as soon as we purchased the phone.

If it isn't resolved, our next next step is to ask how much would it be to terminate our service after 22 years of being a Verizon  customer.

I appreciate you responding to my question. Thank you

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get to the bottom of this. May we ask if you can please send a Private Message regarding this account?

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

gidget1959​, this is not the experience that we wanted you to have when you purchased your phone and we want to make sure that everything gets resolved.  However, are glad to hear that our rep was able to get this matter escalated and are confident that you will hear back in no time. 

Please keep us posted with the resolution.

yarelim_vzw

gidget1959
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you and I will keep you posted. At this time, I haven't heard anything.

0 Likes
Sparkythedog

I JUST FOUND OUT TODAY AFTER 4 MONTHS OF BEING TOLD THAT JUST NEEDED TO WAIT... THAT I MISSED THE SMALL PRINT TOO.

WHEN I ORDERED I EVEN TALKED TO VERIZON ONLINE AND THEY SAID I WOULD BE GETTING THE DEAL. SO EVEN THE SALES PEOPLE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE RESTRICTION.

One of my favorite phones of the year that few have probably entertained is on-sale at Verizon for just $10 per month at the moment. I’m talking about the Moto Z Play, arguably the best of the Moto Z family.

This mid-range Moto Z model was originally priced at $17 per month or $408 if bought out-right. Today, the price is $10 per month, which brings the 24-month total to just $240. Verizon isn’t selling it at $240 without a contract, though, but if you do sign-up for a device payment plan while buying the Moto Z Play, you are getting one of the better phone deals I’ve ever seen.

What’s so great about the Moto Z Play? A lot, actually. Outside of the 5.5-inch 1080p AMOLED display, 3GB RAM, 32GB storage (with SD slot), 16MP camera, Snapdragon 625 processor, “pure” Android experience, and access to Motorola’s Moto Mods line-up, this phone sports the best battery life of any phone ever. Seriously, ever and it’s not even close.

During my testing, this phone’s 3510mAh battery would last two days and I was almost always getting 8 hours of screen on time. I’ve just never seen anything quite like it. Oh, it also has Turbo Charging.

For a mid-range phone, especially at $240, this is an easy recommendation.

NOTE: According to Verizon’s site, the $10 per month price is because they are handing out $7 bill credits each month to make up the difference between $17 per month and $10.

UPDATE: The fine print is now making this deal seem much less appealing and accessible. As you can see in this screenshot, the deal may only be for new customers or new lines and not upgrades. Meh.

screen-shot-2016-11-02-at-11-21-22-am

IT EVEN FOOLED THE REVIEWERS ON DROID LIFE

0 Likes
Tramsunder

I got the promo also I got the Moto Droid Force with the 50% promo in where instead of ,$30 a month with Verizon edge it's $15. Verizon will pay $15 a month credit for 24 months . After 2 months I noticed I was paying $30 instead of $15. I called in after 2 months and the rep applied a $13 credit which should have been for the Moto Z play the Moto Z Force should have been $15. She also advised me I'll see this credit monthly she fixed it. 4 months later I'm now.on my 6 of 24 payments and realized I'm still paying $30 each month instead of $15. I'm on the phone with them now and no one can find this promo.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tramsunder, this sounds as if it was a fantastic promotion. We are glad you were able to take advantage when you did. Were they able to locate the promotion and resolve your billing concerns?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my  response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
belfast005

I had a similar experience for moto z purchased in April 2017. No rebate. Endless wasted time with customer service. What bugs me most is that I purchased it through my Verizon online account using 'Upgrade this device'. It showed all the calculations as to what my new bill would be. Live and learn. Take screen shots in future.

0 Likes