Moto Z Play Droid will not connect to my Windows 10 PC.
THOWAL45

I installed Motorola Device Manager to no avail.  The first time I connected the phone (2 days ago), it worked. All previous cell phones were not a problem with my HP desktop computer.  Any ideas?  Is there a device driver available?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moto Z Play Droid will not connect to my Windows 10 PC.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you change the USB connection type from charging only to File Transfer on the phone itself?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you change the USB connection type from charging only to File Transfer on the phone itself?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
THOWAL45

Not that I am aware of.  The first time I synced the phone, I chose File transfer.  Since then I get nothing when I connect up.

0 Likes
THOWAL45

Also in the Settings under Mobile Hotspot and Tethering, the USB tethering is grayed out with the message: "USB not connected", when in fact it is.  My computer plays a bell sound when I connect/disconnect the USB to my phone, but the phone does not show up as a device.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The hotspot and tethering section has nothing to do with accessing the phone's memory through the computer.

Move Pictures / Videos from Device - Moto Z Play Droid Edition | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your device is working to its full capabilities. Are you having the same issue with other PC's? When you are connecting the device, are you able to change the USB settings? You can do this by dragging your finger from the top of the screen down. Once the device is connected, you will see the option to change your settings. Change it to File Transfer in order to be able to see your device on your PC.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
THOWAL45

Thank you for your concern and response.

My problem is that I cannot change the USB settings when I connect the Moto Z Play Droid (MZ) because there is not a USB connection settings drop-down on the MZ at all.  While my computer acknowledges that the MZ has connected by sounding beeps that one receives when connecting a new device, the MZ does not show up in the file explorer as a connected device.  What is strange is that the first time I connected the MZ to my desktop HP Win 10 computer, there appeared the now missing settings drop-down on the MZ.  I chose File Transfer and all worked well as was expected.

As per your suggestion, I tried connecting the MZ to my laptop computer, an older Compaq Presario V6000 running Windows 7.  I received an error message that the device drivers did not install.

Trying to solve the problem on my desktop, I conducted a Google search for solutions.  I downloaded the Motorola Device Manager, installed and retried connecting only to have the same result.

In the Windows 10 Device manager, one of the USB Serial Bus Controllers has the yellow triangle! with the following information:

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor request failed)

Opening the Properties Window, the following information is revealed:

Device type: Universal Serial Bus controllers

Manufacturer: (Standard USB Host Controller)

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

I tried updating this driver with the Windows Device Manager but no luck.

It's important to note that when I disconnect the MZ from my computer this Unknown USB Device is removed in the Windows Device Manager.  I assume this is the problem and that the device drivers are not installing, but I am not skilled enough to know how to solve.  Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Michael [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
MAYOGROUT

I'm in shock that this is not resolved yet. We've had the same problem since we bought the phone months ago. There's no help in the stores or 611. Frustrating beyond belief.

0 Likes
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

I've never had an issue connecting mine to my Windows 10 computer or any other computer.

Screenshot_20180204-135022.png

Screenshot_20180204-135026.png

Screenshot_20180204-135307.png

motozpd.png

0 Likes