Moto Z2 play stopped connecting to home wifi network
Sodinator
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Moto Z2 play (which I've had less than a year) stopped connecting to my home WiFi network yesterday. 

I've tried to "forget" or remove the network from my phone two or three times, then re-add it with the password and the phone recognizes the network but won't connect.  This morning I noticed that under the WiFi network on my phone it says "Disabled" now.  I've also restarted the phone several times.

Two other Moto Z2 play phones in the house as well as other wireless devices are connected with no problem so I don't think its a router issue.  The router is also less than 2 months old.

The only other thing I think could have caused this was that I set up a new WiFi printer on my home WiFi network yesterday and while I did that my cell phone was sitting between the router and the printer.  Could trying to set up a WiFi printer and sitting the phone in-between the router and the printer have messed up the WiFi on my phone?  That's about the same time I noticed it stopped working..

I am able to connect to the WiFi network at work with no problems.  It seems to just be my home WiFi that is causing the issue.

What can I do to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Karen

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z2 play stopped connecting to home wifi network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Sodinator, and thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your concern. We're here to review the options we have to ensure this gets fixed. Has there been any recent damage towards this device since you've started to notice this happen? With the Network Reset bein successfully completed, the next step would be to perform a SIM card removal. This can be done by using something short and sharp, similar to a toothpick or paperclip and putting this into the SIM tray. Remove your SIM card and let your device sit for 3 to 5 minutes before placing it back in. At this point, your device will power cycle. When the power cycle has completed, please let us know and we'll be right here waiting to review the results with you.

0 Likes
Re: Moto Z2 play stopped connecting to home wifi network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sodinator, having that Wi-Fi connection at home is a great way to remain secure and keep data usage down. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. Other than the printer, do you recall adding any new games, apps or software to your phone recently? Let's be sure that your phone software is up to date. When going to Apps, Settings, System, About phone, Android Version, what do you currently see? Since this began, have you attempted to completely reboot the router?

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes