Moto Z2 play stuck at a flashing blue powered by Android screen
JOSIRE38

Accepted the update and now my Motot Z2 Play is stuck at a flashing blue powered by Android screen.

Troubleshooting attempted so far:

Held down the power button for 10+ seconds, phone vibrates and blue screen reappears then continues to flash

Held down power button and Home button with the same results.

Unable to pull the battery from this device and so very frustrated. I never should have hit ok when I was prompted for the system update.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z2 play stuck at a flashing blue powered by Android screen
JOSIRE38

Have since gotten it to the boot to the Android Recovery screen. Investigating next steps...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSIRE38,

Making sure you can continue to enjoy your phone is crucial. We want to make sure that meets your needs. An update should improve the phone, not cause issues. We're glad to help.

What options do you have on the recovery screen? Have you been able to try any of those since your last message? Please keep us updated as we want to make sure this is solved and you can get back to enjoying your device. 

Andrew_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOSIRE38

After shutting down my phone while on a camping trip last night, the whole thing started again...flashing blue screen stuck in a software loop. I got it to recovery mode and did a factory reset again but I need to call in and get assistance. This is insane!

0 Likes
lorenzop_vzw
Verizon Employee

JOSIRE38, I'm sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your Moto Z2 Play, especially while on a camping trip. Your prior troubleshooting attempts are appreciated, and I want to ensure that you are able to receive a prompt resolution. Our customer service department is available 24/7 at 800-922-0204, and I have included our link for self-service troubleshooting here: Verizon Wireless - Support  In addition, I have also sent you a Private Message. Please check your inbox.

LorenzoP_VZWFollow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
crpendergrass
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Z2 Force running android 9.0. I have an identical problem but mine did not start immediately after the update. I have successfully run the update to 9.0 for several months. I just started happening tonight with the blue flashing screen. Holding the down button and the power button turns the screen black but this just makes it vibrate once and shows the powered by android blue screen again...followed by more intervals where the screen will stay on for five seconds and then blink off for a moment.

Restarting in Recovery Mode only led to a No Command screen.

OP, Did you finally lasting solutions? Will allowing the battery to decharge make any progress?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi crpendergrass,

My phone is my lifeline, so I know this is important. I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far. Let's keep going. Please hold down the Volume Down button and the Power Button simultaneously for at least 45 seconds. When prompted, power the phone completely off and remove the SIM card ( http://spr.ly/66041k2Ao ) for 60 seconds. Once this time has passed, please re-insert the SIM card and power on. Please let us know your results, thanks very much. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
Merggg

We're having the same issue with the blinking blue screen and have tried everything mentioned above with no success. Any other things to try?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Merggg, making sure that you have a fully working phone is key to keeping you connected, and we'd love to help right away. Could you please tell us a bit more about how you were using your device before this issue started? What happens when you plug in your device to your charger and restart it? Does your phone have any type of physical or liquid damage?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes