Motorola Droid Razr M not receiving all text messages
sarahaswift
Enthusiast - Level 2

The past few weeks I've been missing some text messages, from friends on other networks, as well as with Verizon, and even with my kids' phones that are on my own plan.  I have cleared the cache and data from my text messaging app, as well as done a factory reset.  I called customer service and they said that because I had a call forwarding on, that may be the issue, so they removed it, I powered down and restarted and still the same issue with people telling me they responded or sent a text, which i've never received.  The customer service rep sent me a text yesterday, and I did eventually receive it, but it was about 11 hours later.  Today, I already have people telling me that they responded to something I sent or asking why I didn't respond to something they sent to me.  This is extremely frustrating, especially because it causes communication issues, when it's a form that I heavily rely on.  I had never had the issue before the past few weeks and I am using the standard pre installed messaging app. Now what?

Labels (2)
Re: Motorola Droid Razr M not receiving all text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It sounds like you've already done quite a bit of troubleshooting about incoming text messages sarahaswift. I'm really sorry it hasn't been resolved yet. Let's figure this out!

Do you notice any pattern when you're not getting messages? Is the phone maybe on WiFi? Possibly long threads of texts from certain contacts? Please try deleting all threads first. Then try going to Apps> Settings> Apps> All Apps> Messaging> Clear Data. Then remove SIM card & power off for 30 seconds and restart. Let's see if this helps.

Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sarahaswift
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spent a long while on the phone with support.  Nothing worked.  In the end I just completely wiped the phone.  That was about a month and a half ago.  Then the past two days I found out that I'm missing some text messages from people.  Picture, text. Verizon, ATT. And I just received the new software update last week or so. I am beyond frustrated, yet again.  I don't want to have to keep wiping my phone and having to reinstall and customize everything again, especially just to have to do it all again in a month or two.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sara have seen that there is a New Update out for the  "M"  have you checked in the About phone section and then System Updates to see if your phone has Gotten it or if the Update is ready for it (( here's the Update Razr M Update 98.16.3 To be out Soon!   Good Luck Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
EpJayhawks12
Contributor - Level 1

>>Irrelevant comment removed; please stay on topic<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
sarahaswift
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, the one I mentioned receiving last week was actually the 98.18.78.XT907

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok is doing Ok

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update Sarah. I see that you have done quite a bit of troubleshooting and we certainly don't want you to have to reset your phone multiple times. I want to ensure that no applications are causing these issues, especially if it seemed to work after the reset. If you have any 3rd party SMS apps, task killers, or antivirus apps, please uninstall. If none of these are on the phone and still having issues, the phone may need to be replaced thru warranty. We can further review your account to verify the messages are making it to our system. Please respond to my follow request and send me a message with your name and mobile number if you still need assistance.

Marquia_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sarahaswift
Enthusiast - Level 2

Marquia, Did you receive my message from two weeks ago?  I only found a MarquiaF to send the direct message to with all of the info you requested.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I sure did and sent you a text that I was calling and left a message. I responded to your direct message.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes