Motorola Droid Razr Maxx TURTLE!!!
Bookum-Dano

My phone keeps getting slower every day. I have dumped 2 full home screens and uninstalled about 30 apps. This has made absolutely NO difference. It does not matter what I want to do, every app takes 5 - 20 seconds to load. I have droid cleaner and memory freee up app on the phone. WHen I drag the little ship to the bottom it goes to the top and says it has terminated 24 - 35 processes and freed up 260 - 320 mb of memory. 30 seconds later it will free up the same crap. WHAT keeps loading in the background?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid Razr Maxx TURTLE!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bookum-Dano,

Let's solve this mystery together! We appreciate you taking some troubleshooting steps to help resolve this concern. Have you attempted to hard/factory reset the device? http://vz.to/1cw4C8w Does the device have any physical/liquid damage?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid Razr Maxx TURTLE!!!
Bookum-Dano

Yes I have done that. This phone is only about 5 months old. My phone belt clip broke and the phone landed on the screen and shattered it. Best Buy's Insurance gave me a brand new phone for free. This was not really a gradual slow down, it was more like I got a virus or something. Something is activating apps by themselves that never used to activate. What can activate 32+ apps within a minute of cleaning them and shutting them down? I only have three home screens used out of the five, I removed apps I seldom used and disabled a bunch that came standard with my phone that I never use (Nefflix, google books, google player, etc.) and it made no difference at all. After I run my droid app scan and cache cleaner it is a little faster for a minute or so, then it is a turtle again. It can take 20 - 30 seconds to open Outlook or FaceBook, then to open an email can take another 20 - 30 seconds, the same time lag to delete an email. WHAT could have gotten on my phone that will not go away?

I am ready to throw this phone in the trash, even to get a phone number takes forever. It is frustrating that my fastest phone with the longest battery of all the smart phones is like this. I can upgrade next month, but I really don't want to cuz I love my phone, especially the MOTOCAST, I can access my home PC from anywhere at anytime. Pictures and or new music is downloaded to my computer as soon as I am in range of the router/modem.

Dan

0 Likes