Multiple issues...
Misty88
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello all...

My razr has been seriously acting up for the past month or so and I'm hoping I can find some answers.

1. it has been running really slow and freezes. I've gone through and deleted files (pics, music, sms backups...), apps, cleared app/system caches....pretty much everything but a reset. And it's still slow and freezes from time to time. (Last night, it took me 5 minutes to type a text because it was behaving so slow, and another 10 before it would send.)

2. I've been having issues with it slipping in and out of service. Where I live/work, it is 4G LTE and I usually have full bars. But it will go through the entire range of signals (4G, 3G, 1X...) and no signal even though I haven't left my house or office. It will also sit with no signal/service for hours while everyone else in the house has full service so I know it's not a Verizon service issue.

3. Recently (as in this week), I started having issues with calls not going through. People said it was as if I ignored their call--it would ring 2-3 times before going to voicemail, but I received no calls whatsoever. Each time this happened, I was in full 4G/3G signal.

As I mentioned above, I've done pretty much everything but reset my phone, and I don't want to have to go through that again. I did have to replace my SIM card almost a year ago, could this be it again? Has anyone else been experiencing similar issues?

Thanks for any help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Multiple issues...
B33
Legend

Well lets get that Razr back on Track.!  Here's some things you can Try to do Just that,

1. Power Cycle the Phone =  press Power + Lower Volume at the same time till the Razr shuts off after it goes of hold the buttons an additional 20 sec. then Release ((  see if that helps the issue.. If not precede to step 2
  2. Try Running the Razr in Safe Mode you may have a 3rd app causing the issues your seeing and running in this mode should stop the issue if does then start pulling your Apps off one by one the starting with the last one you installed first.
  3. If step 1 or 2 doesn't yield any Results then Try running this (( Run a System Cache Clear )) running one of these usually clears up issues with old out of Date Files. or other stuff connected with apps and Such) .
  4. If your still having issues after step 3 then you may have to do Factory Reset but hopefully what I suggested above helps clear it..

Let me know how things turn out either Way..  But what i suggested should help Quite a bit..  b33

0 Likes
Misty88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried option #1 and things seem to be running more smoothly (for now anyway..)

Thanks for the suggestions!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome..

0 Likes