New file system? Where are my old files?
Teropher
Enthusiast - Level 1

Some time in the last few days the file system on my Droid Razr M has changed. I use ES File Explorer but also checked the stock file manager. It used to show 2 different sd cards: sdcard 0 for the phones memory also called emulated with 4GB I believe it was and the sdcard 1 for the external memory card and that's been since the KitKat update. Now it's showing 3 things: 1) device, 2) legacy w/ a total of 400MB & 3) sdcard1 the external memory card.

#1) Where and why did this change come from? My about phone information says that the last system update was Sept 17th 4:56am. version is 182.46.15.en.US. I have not updated any apps in about two weeks and nothing is allowed to update automatically except the Google app store which you cannot prevent.

#2) Where are my files I saved/stored on the phone's memory, previously called sdcard 0 emulated? I had a download folder for one where things were automatically saved to because the external sd card was inaccessible by most apps. Word documents or anything that needed changes made to them had to be kept on the phone memory or it couldn't be changed.  The shortcut to a doc on my screen says "file can't be found or no longer exists". 

3) Pictures sent to me in texts in Verizon Messages app can't even be saved, it says "Failed - SD card unavailable". They used to save to the phone's memory. I just checked for the latest update to Verizon Messages.

Where are my files now? What is going on?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New file system? Where are my old files?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Teropher,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SD card. It sounds like the SD card is having some issues. We encourage you to plug your phone into the computer and view your SD card to see if there are files on it. If you have the ability I would remove the SD card and plug it into the computer. This will advise if there are any corrupt files.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Teropher,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SD card. It sounds like the SD card is having some issues. We encourage you to plug your phone into the computer and view your SD card to see if there are files on it. If you have the ability I would remove the SD card and plug it into the computer. This will advise if there are any corrupt files.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sol1109
Enthusiast - Level 3