Nothing but problems since Jelly Bean update
duckgrl98

Really frustrated with my phone since the JB update.  I have a Droid RAZR Maxx.  I really liked my phone until the update.  I've been waiting patiently for the problems to go away, but they're not.  I have tried restarting, as well as deleting unused or lesser used apps to free up memory.  The problems include:

• Overall, the phone runs slower than it used to.
  • Text messages not sending -- AT ALL (especially with a photo attachment).  I have to resend text messages about 25% of the time due to a message failure error notice.  And sometimes the phone indicates the message hasn't been sent (shows an arrow as if it's still sending), so I resend it... only to get a reply from the other person that they received multiple messages from me.  Texting should not be so difficult.
  • Text messages not receiving -- have to "download" them, which seems to take a long time.
  • Touchscreen sometimes lags significantly -- this causes me to push a button more than once, or not realize I pressed something because the screen doesn't react.  Because of this, I have inadvertently hung up on people and made calls I didn't intend to make. 
  • Apps freeze frequently, requiring a hard restart.
  • Apps are slow -- they take forever to load and refresh.  Playing games, especially timed ones, is pointless because of the lag.
  • Camera takes a long time to turn on and switch between functions.
  • Unpredictable battery quick-drains.  When it's doing this, the phone gets hot!  Takes a few restarts to get back to normal. 

I don't know if this is a phone issue or a service issue, but it's really annoying.  I'm not eligible for a new phone upgrade/contract til Feb 2014.  This phone shouldn't be giving me so many problems.  I've taken good care of it.

Anyone have similar issues?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Nothing but problems since Jelly Bean update
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried a system cache clear?  It won't hurt to try since it doesn't take that long and shouldn't delete your data:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery *

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

* if this doesn't work, press and hold the volume down and wait for a second or two, then press and hold the volume up and the volume down buttons for 5-6 seconds and then release

0 Likes
B33
Legend

+1 i'll add this is a Good suggestion but in the Case it Doesn't help Follow it by doing a Factory Reset Jelly Bean is a Big OS and doing a Factory Reset will help clear out some of the old clutter of ICS Doing a F.R. requires backing up your Contacts and your apps there are Apps that can back them up)

When i done my F.R. on my Razr Maxx i backed up my contact through Google and when the F.R. was Finished i went to the playstore got one of my apps i used in the past Downloaded it and from there i went to my Apps section in the playstore and downloaded the Rest it really simple to Do..

0 Likes
duckgrl98

It took a few tries because I didn't quite understand the combos of buttons to push (it's me, not you...lol).  But, I finally got it to work.  Hoping to see some improvement now. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.  Hopefully that'll help with your issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome duckgrl98! I am glad to hear that its working as it should. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes